I put a couple of DRM's on my site that when viewed in a browser has a good amount of text in them. Will a search engine see the text or will it see the script only?

Gracious

I'm certainly confused about this Steve ...

I had always understood that anything between SCRIPT tags was ignored - but I've read elsewhere with some authority that SEs will follow fully formed URLs within SCRIPT tags (javascript navigation for example).

So why one and not the other

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    I've no idea what a DRM is, but if you view source of your page when it is online, this is what the search engines are seeing.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

markymark - DRM is a LinkShare dynamic rich media ad, a short javascript tag that pulls in live text and pics from LS/merchant.

Your comment removes my confusion (thanks!) - this kind of javascript only contains a call to the remote system, the javascript navigation uses java to build effects etc, but the URLs may be recognisable within it.

So a SE could pull URLs from the latter, but a DRM ad contains nothing useful for them to index.

I have often though there must be a way to write a cgi script that pre-processes the DRM javascript and places it's results in the page via SSI to make it indexable. Initial searches for such a beast have proved fruitless tho'

Are you Crazy?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread