ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business

Was reading over at webmasterworld, still reading but tomorrow some changes are taking place. Apparently they were doing some testing. In past posts in the search engine forums there were some major differences in some search terms. Some straight Google results, some not. Are they about to make the switch to Inktomi?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on April 07, 2003 at 01:38 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Are they about to make the switch to Inktomi? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be REAL nice, but I read somewhere in a news article from a few days ago , where a spokesman from Yahoo said that they expected to integrate Inktomi technology near the end of the year.

Who knows ? It may happen sooner :

Yahoo! Upgrades Search in Effort To Counter Google

According to this article , it says that Yahoo! is "accelerating its efforts to integrate Inktomi's leading search technology both domestically and globally ".

Today is just "part of a rollout that will be completed over the next few days".

I'm Hopefull, but not holding my breath that the "rollout" will include Inktomi search results just yet .

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread