I've been getting scootered a lot lately.

How useful is Alta Vista these days - good for traffic?

ABW Ambassador
    OK, but this is just my own experience.

If you imagine a ladder with 10 rungs on it. Google would be on the tenth rung at the top trying to climb higher. Yahoo would probably be on rung 6 with the Inktomi/MSN relationship. Altavista would be trying to reach the first rung but not quite able to, alongwith most other search engines.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software

Alta who?

Are they still around? (Just kidding...)

I've seen Scooter quite a bit too, but I don't get a lot of traffic from them. They have redesigned their site, and it looks pretty nice. I used to use Alta Vista a lot, but dropped them in favor of Google. They might be trying to make a comeback, and I hope they do.

The search results do seem to be more consistent and more current than Google's, so for people looking for relevancy, AV might be the best choice.

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Veery interesting ...

I too had seen more Scooter than usual recently. Means nothing by itself, but if lots of people are seeing it ...

It would be good to see places like AV getting more SE traffic - Google's great, but we're too dependent on it.

Are you Crazy?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Altavista + Gator + Overture + new drive-by and download BHO equals a pile of elephant poop on our doorsteps. Best we all keep kissing Google's butt as they are the only SE player who has ethics.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Best we all keep kissing Google's butt as they are the only SE player who has ethics <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ethics ? Problem is, with corporate players, those ethical standards can and usually are re-considered and altered at the drop of a hat , or better yet the mere threat of a substantial drop of revenue ,
    with a perfectly thought out excuse for the change of so called "strategy" , and those pathetic ethics can never be blamed on the decission of one individual human , it's just business .

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread