I am a CJ affiliate and live in the U.S. I've noticed many reasonably high-converting UK programs such as Argos Additions, Kay's, Marshall Ward, etc. I am considering creating a UK section on my site and attempting to sell UK products and services.

My questions are:
    Can a U.S. resident affiliate market these UK products and services? Some programs say "UK Only" but I don't know if that means they only ship to the UK or only UK residents can sign up for the programs.

Do any U.S. residents on this board have any experiences working with the UK programs that they can share?

Thanks,
    Keith

i am not US or UK.
    i work on both markets too.

it is up to the advertisers decision to accept you or not, you can always try to apply.

you need to place the advertiser offer on webpages where target/potential buyers will come.

http://8n.nu

There is nothing stopping you promoting british merchants but if the majority of your customers are domestic you will probably see a lot of reversals.

There are a two reasons why uk programs are good convertors. The first reason is that the brits dont have a real parasite threat (yet). So whilst the networks drag american & canadian affilites down the same garden path as OS did the brits can steam happily ahead. There are a lot of brits on this forum but few of them (if any) complain about the parasites. This is not because they are unaffected it is because they are more cynical and less gullible. They simply will not tolerate being given the runaround by the networks and tend to move on immediately whilst everyone else is crying and still putting up links to the offender. The brits are "once bitten, twice shy" as they say.

The uk programs that you mentioned dont pay much anyway so dont worry about it.

quote:
    but if the majority of your customers are domestic you will probably see a lot of reversals.

Not likely for reversals !!!

becasue the shopper simply cannot buy the products because they cannot enter their non-UK address.

Plus, it is meaningleass for realtime stat. tracking for pay per sale programs. if the stat is not realtime, there is no need for reversals.

This apply for lead program too.
    If i am non-UK site visitor, i will not waste my time trying to response to a UK only offer.
    if you want to waste your time, you have to figure out how to cheat the UK site plus you will have some incentive for doing it.

check the website ship to location,
    not their registered country.

i know a merchant from country A,
    but they ship worldwide except to country A.

the same apply to affiliate site too.
    the content and target visitor that matter.

ABW Ambassador
    Keith McCain
    Have you checked your stats to see what % of your visitors are from the UK?

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

A lot of the CJ merchants are all selling the same thing as they are actually the same company with different trading names.

However, if you can match up a US product page with a UK supplier (e.g. "UK visitors click here") then that can be quite useful. Depends if you can find a product match or not.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, of course you can. I suggest affiliatewindow.com and ukaffiliates.com . If you're targeting UK visitors specifically, you'll have to remember to spell things correctly, though. None of this color and flavor stuff.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    And remember the search engine optimiSation!

Wow! This is an active board! I came back 24 hours later not knowing if there would be any replies or not and there are 9. Thanks everybody for the helpful feedback.

So I guess the consensus is that it's okay to sign up for any UK affiliate programs that will accept me but it's not worthwhile unless I set the programs up on pages optimized to attract UK customers and be found by the search engines.

I only get a miniscule percentage of my visitors from the UK but that could increase with good SEO.

I think I'll try a UK section on my site but it doesn't seem encouraging enough to try to rush into place before the holidays.

Thanks again for all the feedback. This is a great resource.

Keith

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread