Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is this the beginning of the end for google?

I'm never gonna dance again googles feet have got no rythem.

ABW Ambassador
    How so?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I don't track our Google rankings very close, but what does your post mean?

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    If you mean how the dance was usually the last week of the month, i think that might have changed because of whatever problem they had with last months update. I think the updates now will happen near the beginning of the month. Should be any day now.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Some day I really have to read up on all this Google dancing stuff.

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    I reckon they are missing a couple of steps to get back in rhythm. A few days later every month and they can get back to an end of month boogie.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

An up to date search engine with outdated material.

Can be frustrating, I know my stuff got bumbed up (overall) last week. Tired of sweating it out each month.

Fred

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." Abraham Lincoln

Again, I admit to being a moron on this (and many other topics), but does Google hold that big of a sword over so many affiliates heads?
    I apologize for my ignorance.

Karl Smith

Karl,

Yes, affiliates have allowed that to happen. It's really not by choice because we don't tend to own large corps but we do go where the gitten is good and this allows for the googles to become giants.

Everyone likes to complain that there are already too many search engines whenever someone says they want to make one. I'd sure like to know where all these search engines are.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Again, I admit to being a moron on this (and many other topics), but does Google hold that big of a sword over so many affiliates heads?
    I apologize for my ignorance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it does have a big sword. Too big of a sword! It's not so much that paid listings won't do as well--but one or two good listings in Google will bomb a site in FREE buying traffic!

Once that happens, it's like the most addictive dope!!! The webmaster first has to have more...and more...and then starts to live for it...and then gets the most awful withdrawals if the supply is cut off (PR Zero)!

Personally I'd say that if you're getting enough traffic from elsewhere then stay away from Google-Crack. It'll mess with how you write (everything will start to come out "optimized" whether you want it to or not--and on a content site, usually NOT is better because it's easier to read not-optimized stuff), screw with your ideas on how to link, and even ugly-up your sites.

Of course the thought of listing a big 50,000 page site on Inktomi gets a bit daunting...and Expensive!! That'd be $1,125,000 with the standard search/submit (Yeah I know there's the other kind of submission for over 1000 pages or so, but it's probably not *that* much cheaper)! So when talking about getting huge amounts of seperate pages listed somewhere Google's about the only way except for those with a massive advertising budget or who fluke into a free spidering by Inktomi or one of the few others that actually come around.

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

I bet google is skipping March, why wait this long.

I knew that would work, looks like it's starting up, check http://www-ex.google.com/

ABW Ambassador
    Then you got the little sissies that work there, along with their pud pumpers, friends at WMW.

Yep, it's all a bunch of sheet. I have added a bunch of new pages, hoping for some more traffic=more clicks=more sales, but I'm waiting to see what Larry F*g, and his gang of butt humpers are going to do. Ah, hell, here I go again! I'll stop.

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

qball: I don't get it. what am I supposed to see that tells me the "dance" has started?

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    Karl,

If you have added new pages since the last update, you can do what I do to see if they have been added. The update normally starts with a new index, and you can see the "dance" begin at www2.google.com. Type in the search field the following:
    -111111111 site:yourdomain.com

If more pages come back than what came back last time, saying that you have added more, then the dance has begun! Most of us add pages like crazy all the time.

Big Chuck

OK ... I did it. I guess I should consider this number a "baseline"? This should be interesting!

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    karl... build me some web pages, dude! 13,000! eek! good gravy!

oops.. you don't have any back links showing. not good!

Big Chuck

Yo.........googe's falling? I will be out of the office. Can someone please catch Google. We all know what happened to Humpt Dumpy when he fell........let's save Google!

For those that do not know.....I am only kidding. I just wanted to see what it feels like to talk out of my ^&%&^ because a few people on this site really have nothing better do and do it quite frequently. I was curious to see what it was like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    (Yeah I know there's the other kind of submission for over 1000 pages or so, but it's probably not *that* much cheaper)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FWIW, I looked into a few of the preferred feed type submissions (Ink, Altavista etc) - they tend to work on a PPC basis of about 20c/click for larger submissions. Not a model that works well for driving traffic to affiliate sites methinks.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yo.........googe's falling? I will be out of the office. Can someone please catch Google. We all know what happened to Humpt Dumpy when he fell........let's save Google!

For those that do not know.....I am only kidding. I just wanted to see what it feels like to talk out of my ^&%&^ because a few people on this site really have nothing better do and do it quite frequently. I was curious to see what it was like<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Larry? GG? ROFLMAO! Someones a bit touchy

Big Chuck

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Larry? GG? ROFLMAO! Someones a bit touchy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep someone is. For some strange reason it appears they were taken by surprise and obviously offended when ABW'ers didn't take too kindly to their posting an offer to sell their site which is a charity based incent site with an upcoming reminder software app. Go figure that....

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Big Chuck:
    /begin moron question/
    Backlinks?
    /end moron question/

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    backlinks is just how many other sites link to yours. If you have the Google Toolbar installed you can just go to your site or a site you want to know the backlinks of and click the Page Info down arrow, then click Backward Links.

--Wayne Calloway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast