I was think of getting webposition Gold, but I am not sure. Is it really worth it?

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountaineering, and motor racing; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway

In a word NO!!!

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    I bought it when I started out. Dont use it now. Pages built using its suggestion tool did not get good rankings.

Try it and see for yourself. They have a trial. I would not recommend it though.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I got it a year or so back...it got me banned from google so I dumped it I know this because google themselves told me.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Thanks guys,

Message received, I don't think Webposition is for me. But, are there any programs that you do recommend?

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountaineering, and motor racing; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    What is it you want to do? Webposition is a bit of a Jack of all trades (master of none) in the optimization industry.

I think for checking positions, you need to be very careful using software. Was this what got you banned Gordon? Very dangerous to use software for checking positions - unless you know what you are doing.

As far as optimizing pages goes, I would recommend getting a good eBook on the subject. Could recommend a few good ones that I found useful if you like.

For META tag generation, I would say don't bother. If you want to use them, PM me and I will point you in the direction of a free one.

For search engine submission, I would say submit your home page manually to Google (or better still, just put a link to your homepage from an existing site and make sure your homepage links to all other pages in the site) and a few other Search engines if you want. Most traffic is likely to come from Google. When Google finds it, it will go through all links and index everything it finds. Once it finds you site, you no longer need to submit any pages as long as new pages have links going to them from pages in the Google index.

I used to use search engine commando for submission. Now I dont bother submitting anything. All my pages are found automatically by Google. It you want to target other engines (which will likely bring you very little traffic compared to Google), I would still submit by hand. If you want to automate all this in the early stages I think submit wolf pro at $95 is a reasonable buy. It submits safely and obeys search engine rules. But for goodness sakes do not submit to FFA pages.

For an upload manager, your html editor probably has this capability.

For the web page generator - dont use them. They are liekly to get you banned.

Hmmm. Hope others offer their opinions too. These are just mine.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I use it for reference only re optimization
    however I do better in the SERP's using my own judgement.
    It' really not worth the cost.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As far as optimizing pages goes, I would recommend getting a good eBook on the subject. Could recommend a few good ones that I found useful if you like.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which ones would you recommend?

YOURsoft - worlds 1st dealware scripts!
    NEW - Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

Stay away from optimization software. Almost all of them offer minimal long term results, if any, and all of them will get you booted if you're caught using them.

Read posts here about optimizing your pages, and have a third party look at your site and offer feedback. The bottom line is, if you create worthwhile pages with helpful information and links, you should get decent placement without a lot of extra fuss.

Find out what people are looking for, provide it on your pages, and the rest will take care of itself.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Hello AcuraImport,

I agree with the many valuable insights and recommendations posted to your question here. I totally agree with Perfect G recommendation on use of the Submit Wolf software program.

Our service team has analyzed many different programs supposedly the best at what they do for SE positioning and optimization results. Our result conclusions were rather alarming when certain tested pages once ranked well were suddenly banned, reduced in ranking, etc. from using the software proclaimed to be the best thing since sliced bread in the SE positioning world of dreams.... lol.

I highly recommend the Submit Wolf program because it does follow the rules of SE's and not getting your pages banned. So much so ... that we feature a free trial zip download on our free search engine submit & tricks page on our service. You will also find other valuable free information on the subject here.

As far as eBooks are concerned ... we seen several offers on many services. In most part, save your money. Most information in outdated, or all smoke and mirrors just to have content to fill the eBook. I'm not saying there is not any good eBooks on the subject, but would recommend your saving your money on the most part and reading each targeted SE algorithm criteria and high ranking competitors methods to achieve their high ranking.

If I was to recommend any service for quality search engine ranking information, it would have to be WordTracker.com .

Hope this helps you in your endevours.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

webposition gold $300
    domain name $15

The look on someones face when they get all of their sites banned from google

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just when I thought the dancing banana could not be topped!

--- Bobbi

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    I'm surprized searchenginewatch.com wasn't mentioned.

Henry
    Pet Dealer AM
    Look for our Private Forum at ABW soon!

I agree Pet Dealer .... SearchEngineWatch.com is a valuable content site for SE info.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

AcuraImport, I'd recommend Key-Ster, it's more powerful than any other SE software currently marketed.

I promote several sites and it surely beats any other promo-tool I've tested.

Check it at:

http://cyber-software.com/optimization

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread