ABW Ambassador
    Found at the bottom of a home page of a site in plain view, but, rather small:

Hi. The following are words for search engine purposes. If I have them be invisible, aka SECRET, I will get in trouble with Google and get banned. I certainly don't want that. Therefore, I shall show my words for all the world to see.

[stuff removed]

FASHION DESIGNERS: BCBG, Charles David, Jimmy Choo, Coco Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Prada, LVMH, Pucci, Miu Miu, Versace, Kate Spade, Gucci, Tom Ford, Donatella, Calispia, Joanna Carlini, Wink, Woo, Trina Turk, Hermes, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren,Valentino, Christian Dior, Micheal Kors, Isaac Mizrahi, Swarovski, Cynthia Rowley,

DESCRIPTIVE:
    style, chic, hip hop, fetish, burlesque, girls, fashion, modern, classic, bohemian,cute, hip, stylish, girls, friends, wedding, punk, sex, shopping, spa, art, vintage, retro, goddess, yoga

[stuff removed]

Just found it rather amusing... What do you think?

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    trademark and brand keyword spamming is common with ABWers.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Seen the same thing on an underwear site, though no explanation of why the keywords were there. Google will catch them. I just cannot bring myself to report these sites.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    One of the Google myths that the above is spam, if so just about all merchants would be banned because they usually have a page listing all the brands they carry. Example: Amazon clothing all the brands they carry, Perfume sites list all the brands they carry etc. Just one of the many Google myths. What some people consider SPAM and what Google considers SPAM is 2 different things.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that is pretty amusing. I'm not sure what the point of it is - it certainly ain't gonna help rankings much, but it is quite funny.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I think its to strike some sympathy with a Google Employee in case of a Google HandCheck resulting from a Spam Report....

There was similar KW stuffing in the site of the Famous web usability expert Jakob Nielsen's site ( with KW stuffing spelling variations of his name) , but that was in a small barely visible text

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm not sure what the point of it is - it certainly ain't gonna help rankings much, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can cause the site to come up where no/few other sites do. In cases like that, it doesn't have to help the rankings "much". It's kind of like that old saying that goes something like, "half the battle is just showing up!"

The effectiveness of the technique depends on the category. As with everything else to do with marketing, a lack of competition improves the chances of success!

~Revenue is King

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread