I just checked my CJ mail and found this email from one of my Advertisers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hello,

You are currently one of our publishers under Commission Junction. COMPANY.com would like to propose a means whereby we will increase your current commission from 10% (inclusive of shipping costs) to 12% by assisting our efforts in increasing link relevancy within the search engines.

We are requesting a text link within your site that refers directly back to h*ttp://www*COMPANY.com placed within your Links section of your site or any area that does not compete with your CJ links which generate revenue. If you are willing to do this please place the link in the format below and notify us at info@COMPANY.com as to the exact placement of the link and your CJ Publisher name, we will then increase your percentage as stipulated above.

Here is how our link should appear:

&lt;a href="http://www.COMPANY.com" target="_blank"&gt;COMPANY.com&lt;/a&gt;: KEYWORD1,
    KEYWORD2, KEYWORD3, KEYWORD4 and KEYWORD5.

Please note that this link is not meant to generate traffic to our site nor compete with your existing links, so it should not be placed in an area that would compete with your current CJ links for COMPANY.com, it is merely meant to increase our link positioning and provide you with an extra incentive commission for your existing links.

We thank you for your consideration. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting approach, don't you think?

Game on!!!!

interesting, But I have to say this is the way to go to get more popularity among the search engines.

"I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want." -- Mark Twain

Jason
    Santa Cruz

So if they have all their affiliates do this they increase their page rank and supposedly show up first in the search engine. You get a larger commission but hopefully the customer never makes it to your site.
    How bout if the merchant puts up links to thier top 20 affiliates. Increasing the page rank of those that know how to optimize for search engines should help the merchant and encourage affiliates to sell more.

If this merchant wants to play the search engine game that's fine with me but doing so via their affiliate program is unethical. first of all a sale could result through this non commissioned link and second if you allow them to gain link popularity you will see them climb the search engine ranks ahead of you resulting in less sales all around for affiliates.

((End of post marker))
    Don't reply until you read this far!

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, I got that same email too .

It made me think of offerring free lollipops or other candy treats in exchange for some links .

I figure, if P. T. Barnum was right , and "There's a sucker born every minute" , I might just have a few takers.

But seriously ....
    I don't see how an extra 2% commission offer on stuff that's already overpriced and harder to sell is worth a "free ride".

extra 2% commission worth nothing to me

http://8n.nu/

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread