ABW Ambassador
    Astalavista or should i say Altavista.
    Seems they went ahead and moved the crappy index over to Yahoo and AOL, not the main Google yet. If they do, they will see a huge backlash from Webmasters, big step backwards. Or if they are going to be adding backlinks and pages like GoogleGuy suggested they will be ok, but if not=Altavista.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Grr. My incoming links have dropped from 120 to 65. I have a bad feeling I'll be slipping down to a PR4. *sigh*

I've gone from #10 to #9 on one keyword phrase search, but have slipped a few positions on a lot of others. Will be an interesting month.

And where are the deep crawl results from last month? I have a new site that was fully crawled, yet only the front page shows up, due to FreshBot. It could be a long month.

Michael

Where did you read that TrustNo1?

The Yahoo! results seem to be different again from the www2/www3 results on Google, but not the same as the www ones.

Something is clearly badly wrong.. we're over a week into the Google Dance and so far it hasn't made it to the main server.. which is just as well.

I can't figure out the new index. I have recent sites missing. I have old penalised expired sites that are coming up in the search terms and look like they've lost the PR0 penalty. Descriptions are about three months old.

Something is badly wrong.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    My PR is still PR4, and some of my backlinks have gone, and I have the same number of pages as before. However, this past 4 weeks my traffic has increased. I got 350 more visitors yesterday than I did on Monday April 14th, just 4 mondays ago, not long after the last Google dance.
    Is it just down to more people surfing? Or has Google done something that seems subtle, but in fact has had a big effect on my site?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    I guess we just have to wait on this one. I keep checking:
    http://www.google-dance.com/?servers...:www.yahoo.com
    and www2 and www3 still different from main.

If it goes to main like it is now, real bad. But they said this is a "rolling update" and they still need to add backlinks and recent crawl, we'll see how that goes. If they do that, then everything will be ok.

i just know on www2 and www3 half my pages are gone, but still show on main. It still seems to me www2/www3 is showing old index with freshbot listings and still need to add in backlinks and missing pages. I like the old way better, new way sucks.

ABW Ambassador
    I guess we just have to wait on this one. I keep checking:
    http://www.google-dance.com/?servers...:www.yahoo.com
    and www2 and www3 still different from main.

If it goes to main like it is now, real bad. But they said this is a "rolling update" and they still need to add backlinks and recent crawl, we'll see how that goes. If they do that, then everything will be ok.

i just know on www2 and www3 half my pages are gone, but still show on main. It still seems to me www2/www3 is showing old index with freshbot listings and still need to add in backlinks and missing pages. I like the old way better, new way sucks.

But some quotes from GoogleGuy over at WMW keeps me hopeful:

"I'm expecting SJ results to show up at other data centers, then gradually over time we're going to pull in newer spam filters, backlinks, etc. "

"I would expect more pages to be pulled in over time."

"I think there are still backlinks to be truly added in over time. My hunch is that as that happens, SERPs will change as a result."

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Trust said
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> they said this is a "rolling update" and they still need to add backlinks and recent crawl, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess the most important question if this is true is what they deem a "recent crawl", within last week, or the crawl from last month right after the last update?

Seems Google should change their name to Whoogle? for the time being....

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I like the new index, at least what I've seen at AOL so far.

Although I never manage to check every ranking so there may be some surprises lurking in there.

~Revenue is King

I like the new index 2. If they would ever put it up. Maybe they are weeding out all the links that were just put up for the purpose of increasing page rank? It would be a big plus if they could do that.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> that were just put up for the purpose of increasing page rank <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe you should clarify, because in my opinion every link exchanged is done so to increase page rank.

I agree with Leader, no problemo!!

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe www2 and www3 will never go to main. The main just updated and i picked up 80 pages and for the first time, i see fresh dates on most of my inner pages. Interesting.

--Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Yep.. which is why link exchanges are technically spam.....

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>maybe you should clarify, because in my opinion every link exchanged is done so to increase page rank.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On my local site I exchange links with other local sites. To pick up local traffic, nothing to do with search engines.

I put up links to sites because they have useful info. No exchange done, I just put up the link. If a lot of people put up links like this googles theroy was the site must be good.

Now people exchange links just to increase page rank and it is meaningless junk. It is only a matter of time before google stops counting these links.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I put up links to sites because they have useful info. No exchange done, I just put up the link. If a lot of people put up links like this googles theroy was the site must be good.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree and that's why many seo's and webmasters are now paying big $$ for inbound only links from high pr sites, because there is a greater weight given to one-way linking.

I stand by my statement that the only reason to "exchange" links is for google pr. Google has nobody but themselves to blame for everyone doing this, they made it a requirement in order to achieve good listings. Now, they don't like it anymore because people do this on purpose to increase page rank lol, if I'm not mistaken, this type of exchanging was encouraged at one time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Google has nobody but themselves to blame for everyone doing this, they made it a requirement in order to achieve good listings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may help some, but it isn't a requirement. I get high rankings without it.

My 3 month old site is going from PR5(which was what its been since last update) to PR4 and back to PR5 again...But traffic seems to be up. perhaps PR is getting less weight?

Staying at PR4, now I'm depressed.

ABW Ambassador
    My new content was all added to google, was in the cache when I looked at it with the toolbar, then it was all removed and the cache shows a website that is at least two months old.

Problem is, my site used to be a web design site - I totally redesigned it and took away the focus on web design... but googles using old info and none of my new stuff shows up anymore.

Same as my cafepress store. I had a one page basic site, it's since turned into a several 100 page premium store and it WAS showing the new look in google last week, this week all it shows is the single page old site and sales have been cut off at the knees.

I can't believe they went back to old results, it's killed my sales, both affiliate and the stuff I sell myself. *sigh*

I'm having the same problem... people coming to my site looking for products I was advertising 2 months ago. I hope google gets its act together

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread