I don't know what I did, but one of my sites went from a PR of 4/10 to a greybar. I haven't used any tricks on the site. It is straight forward with no BS. I did lose a backlink or two but that is about it. Any ideas?

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

steveinid That's interesting, i'v been experiencing that too of and on every day. sometimes when I view my page I get a pr 4 and sometimes a greybar too. Seems odd?

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

All my sites have been hit hard. My traffic for yesterday is about 1/5 of normal. I hope this is just temporary.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Obviously the only way I'll get above 2200 average page views per day is to redesign my site and build some more parasite free merchant showcase pages. I don't play the SE game knowing the tricks can bring penalties.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I hope this is just temporary.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Me too! My game site has 40 big unique hits today. I've added hundreds of links, hundreds of new pages, optomized without being naughty, and what do I get...booted to page 8.

Anyone else lose hundreds of back links? ATW shows I have 1012 back links, Fast shows 1005, MSN 328, google...13!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I think its temporary from reading over at webmasterworld. This is a very long update. GoogleGuy said more than days, less than months. So what i'm doing is not worrying about this update and just continue to do what you;ve been doing.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

trustno1: what exactly do they mean when they say "spammy site" on webmasterworld?

Its been a long and painful update

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure what you're referring too exactly, that phrase is posted a lot. I know they have some kind of hidden text algo or bot they were talking about, trying to get rid of sites with hidden text over the next 3 updates, we'll see how that goes. As far as spammy sites, that depends on who you ask. What some people consider SPAM the search engines don't. I think if you've done well with Google in the past and don't use hidden text you should be alright. With this update i wouldn't worry about anything till everything moves over to the main and stays there for a few days. I like the old way of the Google Dance better, 4-5 days and it was all over.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on May 17, 2003 at 02:59 PM.]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread