Okay google is doing something wierd. My google stats have decreased by 75% the last 7 days. I hope this isn't the end for back links, alt tags, descriptions, etc?

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, what you're seeing now on google looks like a feb/march index with freshbot listings. Have to wait on this one.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

my google listing are all over the place, one day i'm ranked #3, next day i can't find my site, next day i'm back at #3 and so on... i hope we get a proper update soon, i've got a ton of stuff out there that google has ignored so far

Thanks for the info TrustNo1, Just gotta wait on this.

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    This latest Google update is like something out of a bad dream for a LOT of us here !

I lost too many targeted
    keywords to mention, as well as GAINED
    some totally useless keywords .

BUT, on the brighter side of the things ... The current search results are about as irrelevant and crappy as you can get for tons of
    searches I've performed , and NOT anywhere near Google's quality standards , so I'm hopefull that this miserable index won't last for too much longer!

Thank GOD I wasn't totally dependant on Google for traffic , and I've maintained my Inktomi listings ,(So far, knock on wood ),
    but this one index really does hurt - ouch !

I've been debating whether or not to perform
    emergency CPR on the dying freebies site that
    I abandoned in an attempt
    to make -up for some lost income from this index

In spite of the fact that sources such as Google Guy indicate that the update is going as planned, I don't really believe it.

Some of the searches are returning just plain crappy results. And it's been this way for too long. If they truly aren't finished with the update, and I don't believe they are, they really need to get the lead out because many of their searchers don't know anything is going on, and they have to be wondering what the heck is up with Google, since relevancy doesn't seem to factor in to the results right now.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

ABW Ambassador
    This is nuts. I am losing thousands of pages. I lost another 1,000 pages since yesterday. What the hell are Google doing?
    The number of pages I have in the index is jumping around, and my traffic has hit the floor (seems like it anyway)
    Yesterday was 300 less than last Wednesday. That is a significant number.
    My Amazon traffic has gone from over 100 per day to 8 or 9 visitors. I was getting 5 orders per day last week, nothing this week

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I'm not saying this to be a jerk... believe me. But, I am glad I am not the only one. (No I'm not glad you all are on hard times) But, this can only mean it is temporary. If Gooooooooogle is messed up like many are speculating, then we may have to relive the last 3 months. I really don't see how this can be planned. I read an article from december where Google boasted that they can search all 3 billion documents in "less than a second" Why then does it take hundreds of hours (2 weeks now?) to do an update or rearrange their database. I'm not buying some of this.

Who knows... When it is all over and done with we may all be saying "hey, that wasn't so bad my traffic is up from last month"

Anyway, my stats are flat lining and I had no clickthroughs on 2 of my sites for yesterday. It really can't get any worse. Only better.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

ABW Ambassador
    I was kinda suspicious myself thinking its just one big f'up but from reading it seems things are rolling out as planned. They said within the next week or 2 the new data and backlinks should be factored in. I like the old way better, but on this one the best thing is just to wait to see what happens, shoule be interesting.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Our daily traffic from Google continues to be consistent. I've been checking our daily logs based on some of the "red flags" posted here, but can honestly say that we're seeing no more or less referrals coming from Google.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

All I know is one of my better sites that the pages were PR5 have been showing PR-0 for several days now. I hope that doesn't stick

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

Our homepage inched up from 6 to 7 a month or so ago and most of our internal pages are 5s. We haven't seen much change (other than the homepage) over the last several months.

I'm glad I don't have to figure out Google out. I'm just not that smart!

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    >from 6 to 7

How bout a front page link, Karl?

----
    -JM
    Banana Free in 2003. (and 2004, 2005, 2006, ...)

JM:
    Sure. Let me put you in touch with our advertising director!

Karl Smith

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread