I completed my first affiliate site in February and it was indexed by Google late that month. By mid-May, I had a lot of traffic and sales. Last week, Google's changes really made an impact on my site. I have so little traffic coming from Google now (this has bummed me out big time)and I'm not sure what to do. Any advice from those more in tune with what's happening lately at Google?

Specifically in my case, for the search results for my primary keyword, I've dropped from #4 to #150. That's exactly where I started in late Ferbuary, upon my first inclusion in the index. Has Google's index reverted to results from past month's?

While this has been happening I've been looking at non-Google-related ways to boost traffic. I'll be writing some articles and placing them at related sites. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't do anything, Google will come back around. A related thread:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=7826069623

They're changing up the way they've been doing things, so this is kinda of a wait and see.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Hello SpikeDo, I had a similar issue too. no traffic from google right now. I would not do anything and just wait.

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    >I would not do anything and just wait.

Actually, I would keep building.

Also, consider the recent goings-on at G a wake up call to start seeking out alternate traffic sources. Ask yourself, "How would I fare if G fell off the face of the earth?" Scary.

Woz

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Interestingly enough Mondera has done well from this latest oops at Google, sales directly from Google are up as are Partner sales...weird but there you go.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> By mid-May, I had a lot of traffic and sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should be thankful you got that!

ABW Ambassador
    "&gt;I would not do anything and just wait.&lt;"

"Actually, I would keep building."

Yes, i should have been more clear. Always keep building but as far as making any changes when it comes to SEO, don't do anything. Best wait till everythings done and take it from there, based on the new results. This should all be over by this time next month.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

My site that I am worried about being blacklisted because it is now sporting a shiny new grey bar was just crawled a couple days ago. Looks like they are starting to do the update. (fingers crossed)

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

ABW Ambassador
    I have had two complete sites disappear from Google (more than 3000 pages). These are new sites (2 - 3 months olds). The good thing is, one was crawled by Inktomi and is now in MSN. Traffic is coming strong, but only from MSN for that site - it's really weird and earie looking at my stats.

The other thing I am noticing is more traffic from Alltheweb & Altavista as well as Lycos. Are searchers turning from Google for having crap results, or is it with less traffic from google I am noticing the other engines?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I think those 2 sites that disappeared will come back shortly no later than this time next month and what you're seeing now in Google is either a Feb or March index with some freshbot listings. They still need to bring in recent crawl and backlinks. Alltheweb usually picks up new sites and pages quicker than Google and Altavista has a much fresher index than Google. The changes i made on my sites a couple of days ago are already showing in Altavista and i like how they post Refreshed in past 24 or 48 hrs. Too bad Overture bought Alltheweb and too bad Altavista made past mistakes and too bad hardly anybody uses them for search anymore. I still think Google is the best overall but they need to get with the freshness, its sad seeing Altavista having a more up to date index.

--Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    I am glad that May started off really good, because this last week has been terrible.
    My traffic has dropped by almost half. I have gone from 1,200 per day to 600. All the work I have done over the last couple of months is not appearing in Google. I just hope they sort things out on the next update.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread