Has anyone seen google adwords sponsored listings in Amazon. Is this new? I just ran across it today!! Very interesting

15 years and counting
    That's not new. They don't show them all the time. They try to hide what they are doing. They are paid to list these ads but they don't give one more cent to their affiliates, they are just stealing their traffic.
    You may be happy now to see your ads in amazon but I've seen my own customers sent to amazon clicking on my own adwords listing.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeus:
    they don't give one more cent to their affiliates, they are just stealing their traffic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yup, the adwords were the final straw for me. I've not added any links to them since they popped up and I'm removing existing links as time permits.

15 years and counting
    With amazon, it's a cutting throat business. They must have very special tools to monitor their business. As soon as their affiliates are doing good they find a way to keep them out of the game. Do you remember the "MarketPlace" ?Same philosophy.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't seen them. How are they delivered ? Do they appear on product searches ? How many AdWords results do they show ?

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

15 years and counting
    They are hard to catch. I've seen them only on product pages. Most of the time, on a typical page you have:
    Customers who bought this book also bought:
    Customers interested in this title may also be interested in:
    Product Details:
    Look Inside This Book!
    What's Your Advice?
    Editorial Reviews

The adwords listing replace "What's Your Advice?"
    It's targeted keywords and it merges pretty nicely in the page. I'm not sure of the number of ads, I think max it was 3.

I can't find one, right now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    I haven't seen them. How are they delivered ? Do they appear on product searches ? How many AdWords results do they show ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> They show up in a number of forms: with a shaded background in the right column, under "customers that bought this liked" and at the top of the page as well.

Basically, they looked at their traffic levels and decided to cannablize some of their own potential sales for guaranteed income from running the ads. There's nothing wrong with that, a lot of us run AdWords on our sites through one of the advertising networks - we made the same decision, to pull in some bucks from ads at the possible loss of some sales.

The bottom-line is that we made that choice with our own traffic for compensation, Amazon also made that decision on our traffic, but without the attendant compensation. I don't buy adwords, but if I did and I saw them on Amazon on my own associate traffic, I'd not only not add more links, I'd get in higher gear removing existing ones.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread