Some of you advised me to get WordTracker and pound it hard. Good advice! Thank you.

Now a couple of questions:

1. I found some very specific kw's with zero websites that match. WT reports 85 searches for the last 60 days. Q... Should I devote a greater amount of time to optimizing for these kw's than for the more general ones?

2. I found a set of kw's that are the same except that the first letters in one set are capitalized. The number of searches reported is different. The number of related sites remains the same. ie.. "The Key Word" vs "the key word". Q...Should I have two pages, one for each set of kw's?

Frank

"Just the facts, Ma'am"
    Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

I think 85 searches in 60 days would be a waste of effort.

ABW Ambassador
    85 searches in 60 days? Even if you were the only website listed, you wouldn't get 85 clicks. Not everyone who searches actually clicks on a link.
    Let's say you get 30 clicks per month, 1 per day. Depending on what you have to offer, it may take a year before you get a sale. Look at it that way, and is it worth it?
    If it is an obscure term, then you may never get a sale.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Normally 85 searches in 60 days won't make you any money. But if you have 0 sites competing for that term, just having that term on your site will give you page 1 and maybe that term is very targetted, so you never know. Depends on the term.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    If you offer 'bright green dog baskets' and it is getting 85 searches in 60 days, then maybe you will get some sales.
    However, if the searches are odd, and not really what the person was really looking for in the first place, then forget it, you won't get any sales.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I shouldn't say this but as a general rule of thumb figure anything less than 2 million competeting websites to be obtainable and for that much competition there should be well over 1k searches daily of which you should expect to get about 300 visits if you place in the top three results.

Okay. You conviced me. No page for this term.

It is very highly revelant and one vendor pays 40 bucks a sale, so maybe just drop the kw in on another page and a "btw" text link.

Thanks folks.

Frank

"Just the facts, Ma'am"
    Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread