Hello everyone:

I just bought a new domain and published my files. Surprizingly I saw a PR0 immediately. I know it's supposed to be no pr. I have no idea what can be wrong. The only thing I can think of based on what I've learned over the time is that this domain got to be owned someone else before. Since it has a pr0 instead of nothing, I'm wondering whether this site had been penalized by google before so the owner gave it up. Since I don't think I can get any help from google itself, I figured I can only try to ask around here to see if any of you are aware of such possibility. Also I would like to know what I should do IF my assumption is actually correct. Google has to be aware that a new innocent webmaster may purchase a site that got penalized and I don't think they want the new owner takes the penalty. So I have to believe there must be a way around.

This is a very serious situation for me. Please help if you have any insight information or helpful advice.

Thanks a lot.

snakebaby

My brand new domain has PR0 too. I figured that's just what it gets until they find it and decide what to do with it.

Mine was pr0 too, Think that's how all new sites get?

ABW Ambassador
    Sites that have been recently crawled start with PR0 from my recent experience. I have sites that have been included for a couple of months still with the PR0 they received when they were first crawled, despite links to them.

Search for your domain at:

http://www.archive.org/

It shows most sites as they have been in previous incarnations. It is possible to hide sites from this Way Back Machine, but usually a good guide. Does you domain show up, and if so, is it spammy?

Have a look at:

ABW as it was

I have a site that is been there for couple of months and still PR0 but I am getting decent traffic.

Just give it time and maybe the google will fixed it.

some site gets 3 or 4 in the first google dance and some get 0.

that's just want I've notice, not too sure!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

My hypotenuse is that google bases your first (PageRank) on how they found your website. Since they seem to use the toolbar and find new sites with it, I would imagine a new website would have a zero starting (PR). If your site was originally found through a link which would indicate being established, you would probably get a better starting (PR).

That doesn't seem to be always the case. I have 2 fairly new sites, both linked from an existing site with PR5 (and currently only from that site), one site came up with a PR3, the other with a PR0.

My best guess is that this is still the remnants of the Google 'changes' over the last few months - there still seem to be a number of anomalies with PR.

I personally wouldn't worry about it - at the moment my PR0 site gets about 20-25 times more traffic than the PR3 site (and better SE positions)!

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

Thank you all for your responses.

I now have 5 web sites (if including the newest one). The other 4 all had pr nothing after I published my web pages. It makes sense since google didn't even know what to give to them since it couldn't see them.

But this time it is different. I never submitted my site anywhere but saw the pr0 right after my domain became viewable. That is why I started having questions that I never had before. My heart started pounding, to be honest with you.

I never spam, not to mention this totally new site. I did go to archive.org and checked, it didn't find my site.

It is strange. Hopefully nothing bad ever happened to this domain and nothing bad that I have to carry on.

Thanks again.

snakebaby

ABW Ambassador
    Usefulwebs is right. This is all part of the ongoing changes at Google. The fact that the Toolbar PR is showing PR0 doesn't mean your site is penalised, banned or whatever. In fact, I don't think it means much at all, particularly not for sites created since March.

Don't worry about it. And, I'll say it again - one last time. PageRank isn't that important. It's just a sorting measure that gets applied after relevance is determined. That's all it is.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread