Results 1 to 1 of 1
July 12th, 2003, 08:22 AM #1
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
I have a special situation that I hope to get some input.
My current web site contains a gift idea section. Since it has been so hard to achieve the good ranking in google, I ended up having a new domain just for these gift idea pages. This new site, of course, takes the same titles and meta tags from my current web site for each page. I won't delete the pages from my current site (they still bring me some traffic now) till the new site gets good enough ranking. Here comes my questions:
1. Will my new site be considered a mirror site compare to the same pages from my current site?
2. If I made some minor changes to the titles and meta tags, will they still be considered mirror site?
3. If I shuffle around a little the contents from the new web site, will it still be considered a mirror site?
4. If I let all these pages stay the same as what they are in my current web site, and do very little crosslinking from all my sites (I have 3 other totally different sites), will it be a problem for google? I just read about some discussions about crosslinking that made me worried.
5. I haven't submitted my site yet due to these concerns. I noticed when submit to google, they have a 'comment' box available for us. I wonder what that is for and whether I can explain my situation during submit so they won't consider this as spam?
Hopefully I have made my questions and situation clear enough. Hope to hear some valuable information from you soon.
By micheck in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 2Last Post: January 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
By Merchant Consultant Team in forum Virtual Family and Off-TopicReplies: 5Last Post: July 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
By kingsleys123 in forum Programming / Datafeeds / ToolsReplies: 28Last Post: December 7th, 2004, 07:29 AM
By mzaffiliate in forum Commission Junction - CJReplies: 0Last Post: January 20th, 2004, 10:09 PM