Hello,
    Can someone please tell me how to optimize my sites for MSN search. I know the basic things for Google optimization, but I have no idea how to optimize for MSN. Some of my pages are accepted into Zeal directory, but on MSN they appear on positions 44,75 etc. What do I do to make them appear on the first page of MSN results? Please help. thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    The best way would be to do a search on search engine optimization, that will bring up a list of sites that will tell you exactly how to optimize for each search engine

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Do a search here on a post "Inktomi listings worth it" great example right down to the letter given by MarkyMark... works for me

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

I have new site, showing up at MSN and I did not even submit it to Inktomi. I don't know how, but I'm happy.

My experience is, if you optimize well for Google, it'll pretty much work same for the MSN and others. Lenghty page titles, keyword density are important, but I don't if they care much about backlinks.

ABW Ambassador
    Quantity of backlinks is important in Inktomi - there's no 'authority' constituent to it at all.

You need to remember Ivan, that Looksmart/Zeal makes up the 'web directory' results even before you get to the algorithmic search results. How do you increase ranking in Looksmart. Well, I've found that paying them more money works.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    I do fairly well with Google, now i'm concentrating on getting better with MSN/Ink.
    This seemed pretty helpful:

http://www.searchengineblog.com/colu...or_inktomi.htm

The one good thing about paying is having your page refreshed every 48 hrs. Don't like your placement? Make some changes, wait 48 more hours and see if you moved up or down.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread