Hi,

I have a site idea, have planned out all my pages, (Home page, Tier 2, and Tier 3 pages), even made the template for my site, (which by the way is much more attractive to look at than 99.5% of my competitors). Now I am on the keywords. I hear of people finding more than a thousand keywords for their particular industry, and am astonished. At close to 200 keywords I am finding it harder and harder to get them. My plan is to use the main high traffic keywords to optimize my pages for the SE's, and then use the rest not as trafficked for the Pay Per Click SE's. This field is not ultra competitive, and I have looked at the guys with the top rankings for the biggest keywords, and I can do a lot better than what they are doing. So are there any recommendations on my keyword strategy?

Thanks in advance!

Cody

Hello Cody,

Don't forget to look for common misspellings of the keywords that draw a lot of traffic.

You'll also want to check high traffic keyword phrases as follows, check "dogfood" for the keyword phrase "dog food."

Then there is always the plural vs. the singular factor.

Good luck hitting the 1,000 keyword mark.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Hi,

Thanks Frank, do you mean good luck hitting 1000 keywords, or do you mean good luck, as in being very difficult to do. Thanks for the advice, I have looked at the different misspellings to, which is quite common for this word.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I would get wordtracker http://www.wordtracker.com that will give you an idea of what keywords to use and how many times people actually search for them.
    For misspellings i like
    http://www.searchspell.com/typo/ nice misspelling generator.

Cody,

Whether or not it's difficult for you to hit 1,000 keywords depends on the website and products / services you're promoting. My wish for luck is a general "Good Luck" wish, no "hey that's gonna be hard to pull off" implied.

I'll second those recommendations from Trust. I haven't tried that misspelling generator, gotta check that one out!

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Thanks Frank for your help. I think I will start off and build my site with the keywords I have, as I have pretty much all the most trafficked keywords picked out for the site already. The other ones I am missing are less traficked ones that I can find in due time.

Thanks

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread