ABW Ambassador
    Anybody have any tips to getting pages in? The ones i get in do fine. I've paid for a few pages to get in, the ones i update often. It used to have more pages in but i've seen a slight decline. What i've noticed with the pages that are in. They are all linked from my home page or there are links to them on my main pages. It picked up my site map page, linked to from my home page, but not any of the pages in the site map. The other SEs have no problem picking them up.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I have a few paid listings also and I've found that link from the paid listings get me slurped and indexed pretty fast. I also read before in seochat.com that linking from paid inclusion help. So I tried it and its good for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Integrate your pages into the site, rather than just linking them from the site map - they tend to ignore pages with very few links to them. Alternatively, give them money. That's my policy. They like that.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

markymark

Can you explain what integrate means? I too have found I can get my index page in and also the subdirectory pages like
    abc.com/cameras/index.html
    abc.com/lamps/index.html

However, none of the pages I list on these index pages of my domain ever get into inktomi . I only get the site maps of each subdirectory in. Each site map has around 50 links on it. How would these be integrated in my site better? For instance if I have a specific camera model I am not sure where to crosslink this from... Or do you mean I should crosslink the subdirectory indexes to each other? IE for the lamp subdirectory page have a link to the camera subdirectory link page under- helpful shopping resources? Thanks.

Try Zeal. Pick a low content cat, and you can get just about any old sh!t in, and you'll appear above all the Ink backfill

ABW Ambassador
    Reflections,

Just create a natural link structure for your site, so that the individual product pages are properly linked into the rest of the site and are accessible to the search engines. If you only have 1 link to each individual product page, search engines in general are going to assume that the page isn't very important.

So, if you've got 50 cameras, for example, you could link each individual camera page to the other camera pages or to a group of related camera pages. There's hundreds of different ways of doing it, rather than burying your content with a too rigid top-down site structure.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Which directory is that that appears in MSN, anyway? It's not all Zeal, is it?

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Thanks Marky Mark,

I guess there's no easy way to "automate" linking like products together (ie all the sony cameras vs panasonic etc)?

I think my problem is just having one link to the product from the site map.

Would you keep the number of links to a certain number per page on the product pages I am interconnecting? Thanks.

PS Leader-

I think zeal is supposed to be for non-commercial sites though maybe there's a way to write articles and then link that to main site?

ABW Ambassador
    Leader, the directory on MSN is Looksmart/Zeal. MSN doesn't always include Zeal listings and sometimes buries them. They also use their own algo - which is a little different from the Looksmart one.

ABW Ambassador
    what make me wonder is slurp bot visit my site about 20k times but it just hundreds pages that listed in ink . I'am curious that yahoo (owner of ink) have some plans,maybe after discontinue with google

Ditto....Slurp gobbles up 100's of my pages and maybe only 10% ever makes it into the serps.

I wish I knew what Inktomi had in mind because my inner voice is telling me to ban the sucker.

I did feel a need to email them for their bad bot behavior. Slurp was hitting just about every page 2 and 3 times a day, chomping bandwidth like it was potato chips. They've never replied....

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread