hi

i had about 117 pages indexed with google recently but they all seem to have dropped last friday. as a result i lost half my traffic.

any idea why this happens?

regards,

dylan

Hello dylan, welcome to abw, Most likely they weren't removed. Google is just reindexing there search engine.. most likely your sites will be back soon hopefully by the end of this week...

hi Jasonco12 (jason?)

that would be great if it all came back. i checked my index pages and it went from 114 to 4 pages.

fortunately i get significant traffic/revenue from PPC. i hope i can get good long term results from free search engine advertising such as Google but "Free" always has a catch.

dylan

ABW Ambassador
    Just freshbot behaviour. Usually when Google get news pages they are in the index for awhile, in and out, then out again, then back later permanently. All your pages should be back in later, just a matter of time.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

should i be updating my site everyday? while it could be coincidence, my site dropped maybe one of the few days when I did not update it.

the site was updated on thursday, i left on a trip on friday so i could not update it, and on friday my traffic dropped drmatically. coincidence?

dylan

ABW Ambassador
    If its a new site or new pages, nothing to worry about, probably give it another month for it to stop bouncing in and out. This happens to everybody, usually the Freshbot grabs these pages and puts them in and out of the index. Then when Google does a major update or reshuffling, they will be in there permanently. Freshbot seems to hit more often the pages that are updated on a regular basis and that have a decent page rank, but if the pages you see disappearing are new, thats normal behaviour and will be in the index for good in another month or so.

Very odd situation with me -

I was sitting at a PR5. All of the sudden I have a PR6, same amount of pages indexed, but some pages all of the sudden (big traffic fiends) not showing up on google searches. Therefore my traffic is down from about 1000 uniques a day to about 800. That's a 20% decrease in traffic.

Do I need to worry or is it only a matter of time for these pages dropped off of the serps to come back on? I checked, and the individual pages that I am concerned about are PR5's...

Danski

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread