I am at my wits end. I have had a site up for over 10 months trying to get listed in Google with no success. I am listed in most of the non-Google sites with a number 1 or 2 ranking for my keywords. I was able to get my site listed in dmoz once but it was delisted in a month. I have sent e-mails to everyone with no answers. Any help would be appreciated.

www.CharlotteHomeNetworking.com

Google normally only lists sites that have a few other sites linking to them.

A "backlink search" on google didn't show any links to your site. Could this be the problem?

Riatsala

Retired Member
    Try signing up for AdSense on Google.

If your site is approved you'll be indexed very quickly.

Retired Member

Why was it delisted from DMOZ ?
    Perhaps Google has penalized your site ?

Your robots.txt and html look fine.
    alltheweb.com is showing some incoming links to your site.

Riatsala is correct. Google likes to visit sites that have a site or two with a decent pagerank linking to it.

Has googlebot even looked at your robots.txt file ? You will have to view your log files to find out.

ABW Ambassador
    The only problem i see is you have no backlinks. Just get other sites to link to yours and you'll be fine.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

When DMOZ had their server problems the last few weeks my site disappeared from the "public" view of the directory but I was assured it was still on the "editors" version. I still don't see it. The site http://www.whois.sc shows that I have a DMOZ listing but I don't know where they get their data.

I wrote Google an e-mail asking if and why I might be penalized and never recived an answer.

Every few weeks google will look at my site but only robots.txt and the home page then it is gone.

Steve great idea about Adsense. But, they turned me down.

ABW Ambassador
    TrustNo1 and all are right. Your only problem is a lack of links. Try Joeant.com, goguides.org, gimpsy.com and some of the other smaller directories and get some links. At the moment, you don't have enough to rank in Google.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Originally posted by markymark:
    Try Joeant.com, goguides.org, gimpsy.com and some of the other smaller directories
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

gimpsy.com is new to me!

I'd add yahoo.com, zeal.com, looksmart.com and SurfSafely.com to the list. Are there any other heavy-weights I don't know about?

Riatsala

&gt;&gt; The site http://www.whois.sc shows that I have a DMOZ listing but I don't know where they get their data.

DNS zone files, plus a little spidering of their own. Its a REALLY neat setup. I think they have records of EVERY generic TLD name ever registered (some ccTLDs are a problem, ie .uk, cos Nominet won't let 'em into the database)

OOOOOH, MAN!!!! I just saw the links you have in ATW...
    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...networking.com

Number 3 in that list.... you signed up to an FFA site! My guess is that at least 1 of the sites you link out to is tagged as a known spammer by Google. You link to them, so you are OUT, now and forever, until you fix that

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread