Animal Lover
    I've tried to do searches for keywords in Overture and I've found that if I compare the searches with Wordtracker I get completely different search counts for keywords...I'm not talking a few hundred off...but thousands...I did one keyword search in Overture which returned results of 57,000 and Wordtracker for the same keyword says only 240 - that's a BIG difference. Has anyone had the same experience?

Oscar

Hi,

I think Wordtracker is way more reliable than the overture suggestion tool.

Hey, I find the Overture Seach Term Tool to be pretty good, I have used to build out keywords lists that I give to my affiliate to promote our products. Just took a look at word tracker and it looks pretty cool. I will use to as well, the more keywords you have the better!

Evan - DentalPlans.com

Evan Weber

Overture and Wordtracker show different results because they're getting results from different sources.

Overture is great for quickly checking the popularity of a term, but unlike Wordtracker, you have no idea what the competition is like for the terms you're searching for. Because of this, Overture's not going to help nearly as much as Wordtracker will if you're looking for a niche, or optimizing for google.

l@rger_th@n_life
    How does wordtracker help though? I am really confused on which count to go by, overture or wordtracker. where does word tracker get thier inventory from?

I've used both, but take their results with a grain of salt. Use common sense to interpret their results, because some of them don't make sense.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread