Hi

Googlebot has not been by my site in over 1 month but the other day I saw it again but not sure if it is really them or not. Is this the googlebot (confused by 'Mediapartners'):

"Mediapartners-Google/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)"
    64.68.87.41 - - [05/Sep/2003:08:53:39 -0400] "GET /fashion_design_schools.php HTTP/1.0" 404 220 "-"

"Mediapartners-Google/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)"
    24.127.154.96 - - [05/Sep/2003:08:57:58 -0400] "GET /001/legal_training.php HTTP/1.0" 200 84475

But here is my REAL problem:

My site was quickly indexed by Google without submitting because it was new and linked from other sites. Traffic was great for the inital month and then Googlebot stopped coming after Aug 5 and I was essentially off the radar screen and my traffic dried up. This is normal from what I gathered from the crew here at ABW. But if the above is Googlebot then I should have been updated but still I see no improvements.

I need some feedback about this...very confusing. I notice others get googlebot lots and I can't even get them to knock on my door.

Dylan

The "Mediapartners" is the ADSENSE Googlebot. It spiders your pages so Google knows which ads to display through the AdSense program and it does NOT effect your rankings or anything on the search engine.

You'll have to wait for the good ol' Googlebot (without Mediapartners)...

YOURsoft affiliate software
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    A good parasite is a dead parasite. Screw it up and you're screwed!
    Save your affiliate program, save your earnings; Fight ParasiteWareâ„¢!

Hmmm...

Why would google have any interest in my site for adsense? I thought adsense only displays paying advertisers.

Also, is it normal that the googlebot would take over 1 month to revisit me? I have not done anything spammy.

dylan

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    AdSense is displayed depending on the content (text) on your site, so Google sends the Mediapartners Googlebot by just to determine which ads to show.

If you're not in AdSense (as a publisher), but are part of some other CPM or CPC network, it can still draw that G-bot since some other ad networks also show AdSense ads.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Let me try to explain it this way: do you serve ads from Google Adsense on your website? Probably yes. Well, what this bot does is crawl your pages for some content so AdSense then knows what kind of ads it should display on your site (ads related to the content).

Don't worry about Googlebot. As long as you have links to your site from other sites Googlebot will crawl you. The more inbound links you have (the higher the PR) the oftener you will see googlebot.

Also notice that reciprocal links have very little value with Google now. See http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=1076022114

Hope this helps

YOURsoft affiliate software
    A good parasite is a dead parasite. Screw it up and you're screwed!
    Save your affiliate program, save your earnings; Fight ParasiteWareâ„¢!

I don't have Adsense on my site and it does not run cpc on Adwords either. Either way, if the Adsense comes thru my site I don't see any harm.

Regading Google and recoprocal links. I can understand why "reciprocal" links would not have much value since many times it is artificial and meant only for the two sites to boost their rankings. However let me know what you think of this strategy to overcome this:

I want links to my site, ABC.com, and ask 10 other sites to point to this site. BUT, I tell them I will not put their links on ABC.com, but another site I have, XYZ.com which is unlinked to ABC.com. XYZ.com would be a good content site but it could really serve as your "middleman" site. Get the idea? What do you think?

Regards,

Dylan

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread