ABW Ambassador
    Hello all,
    It appears that one of my sites has vanished completely from Inktomi as of sometime around Wednesday night .

I've heard it before that Inktomi is notorious for dropping sites all of a sudden, and many times they do come back in , so I guess there is still some hope outside of paying for inclusion , but this really does suck .

I'm not sure how long I should give it before plunking down the money for each URL I want back in . I'm thinking ... I should pay Inktomi immediately - I want that traffic back like YESTERDAY , but then again , maybe I'd be wasting my money as surely it will come back in a few days .

Somehow , I get the unpleasant gut feeling that it's not coming back without my PAYING YAHOO to get it back in , and the whole Inktomi/Yahoo traffic flood just isn't going to happen as many of us may have been patiently awaiting - I know I was .

It's just so hauntingly close to that time of year when Yahoo had said that it would begin fully using Inktomi technology in their search results . I'm thinking ... Uh-Oh , Yahoo wants money .

Could it be that the FREE Inktomi ride is coming to an end , and maybe we'll have to pay to get on that roller coaster ?

I couldn't help but check other ABW member sites that I am aware of to see if I've been singled out to get the Inktomi swift kick in the arse , but as I suspected , and I'm kind of ashamed to admit , it gives me some strange kind of comfort to find out that I am not alone, and it appears that several of you are GONE as well from Inktomi.

Better check your sites , but be warned - it may not be pleasant .

If you are still in it, good for you , but please don't gloat ... it's not very nice , and keep in mind the "jinx factor" of what you may reply with

Hey Lisa,

Yikes, what a bummer. Wait a few days and see if it reappears again.

All the best!

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.

Personal Sites: |

I’d definitely check again in a day or two. I’m still getting a lot of visits from Inktomi, and my MSN referrals are higher than ever. Friday, they outpaced Google by 2-1, so I hope they aren’t about to drop us freeloaders.

“I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread