ABW Ambassador
    Was just checking out some sites and noticed couponmountain with a PR8, usually you don't see that high of a PR from a coupon/shopping site. Then i checked backlinks and noticed the majority are from dictionary.com but i don't see the link into couponmountain not even in the cached version. Does anybody see the backlink?

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Go to dictionary.com and run a search for the word "coupon" then on that page you will see a link to the "top coupon sites" and that link leads to a page with the link to couponmountain.

Vicki

If you lose respect for the squirrels
    you will have problems during the running... eds

ABW Ambassador
    Thats 1 page, i mean the thousands and thousands of pages that show as backlinks.
    Here

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

I've checked that out before and I think google might be counting the adsense links as backlinks to coupon mountain. Checking it out now I don't see any adsense ads there but last time I checked this out they had adsense ads at the top of those pages many containing ad links to coupon mountain.

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, that would be something, adsense ads counting as backlinks. So i would just need to be first few results in my adwords to show in adsense ads, then they would be counted as backlinks to my site? Anybody know?

Looking at these pages now the links are no longer there but I'm 99% sure I checked that out before and that was the theory I came up with. Even the cached pages don't have the google adsense links anymore but I'm 99% sure they were there when I checked that out awhile back.

I'm not sure about being in the top 3 but it's possible. I recall coupon mountain was a premium sponsored listing on google previously so they may have been getting better placement. They're now appearing on the right rather than on the top premium Sponsored listing.

Just my two cents...

Actually I dunno if this is it but I don't think CouponMountain was part of their adwords campaign. I remember seeing their ad as a regular text ad which is run by the Dictionary.com people themselves. So in sum I seriously doubt an adsense ad gets you backlinks. And I just think CouponMountain lucked out when they purchased ad space with Dictionary.com. Still no matter I think their site is terrible with old coupons at least compared to others I have seen on the web.

If Adsense links are a factor here, there would be thousands of other backlinks from thousands of other sites as well.

Alexa traffic rank is 4,070 so this is a consistent top 10,000 site. Traffic graph looks good.

Strange though, isn't it?

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread