Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Lat weekend when I kept trying to submit a client's site I occassionally got the error message:

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    While trying to retrieve the URL: http://editors.dmoz.org:8081/

Alot of people on other forums have said they have gotten that error message just clicking links, not even submitting.

Now I can't get in at all. The site seems to be totally down. Can anyone else get in?

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

I've been noticing this for the past week or so. Any attempt to get to Dmoz resolves to a 404. I wonder if they were the victime of one of the latest viruses somehow?

I can reach the site now but couldn't get to it at all earlier.

Just got the following error when trying to view a category description,
    Access Denied.
    Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Think I'll wait a few more days before submitting anything - there are obviously some major problems for them to sort out.

Riatsala

Frankly, I can't remember a time in the last 6-8 months when Dmoz didn't have errors and/or be incredibly slow.

It's a shame, really. It could be a GREAT resource, but the current owners have allowed it to begin dying on the vine due to poor infrastructure.

Hopefully, an investment "angel" will swoop down and infuse it with the needed cash to purchase the software/hardward support they need.

Erik

The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

The ODP has been ramping up on new servers over the past few months. It's a massive project on a shoestring budget so it's slower than if there were unlimted resources available. Some believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. (Insert cliche of your choosing here.)

rmjvol

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread