Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Commission junction no longer accepts Indian publishers apparently. They don't have 'India' as an option in the drop down for publisher sign up. I run a site which is very well trafficked and has primarily North American visitors. Every other company accepts us but we can't sign up with CJ because we're based in India. This seems strange considering they have virtually every country, some even with a population of below 1 million, some which are virtually bankrupt countries, with their economy in great peril, even countries which are well known for money laundering operations but it won't accept India. India is good enough for Coke, Pepsi, General motors, McDonalds, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and every Fortune 500 company to do business with but I guess CJ knows something they don't. Could someone at CJ clarify.

I would suggest contacting CJ or the representative here Todd to ask them to consider your site.

I have many affiliates from India. I do not know how they signed up though.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ RECURRING COMMISSIONS FOR 1 YEAR ~ ABW MEMBERS CONVERT AT LESS THAN 1/30 ~ DEDICATED AM WHO'LL DO ALMOST ANYTHING ~ TONS OF CASH WAITING TO BE TAKEN! ~ PARASITE FREE ~ PRIVATE FORUM AT ABW

I don't want to be blunt, but we have an Affiliate Program with ShareASale and had several Affiliates from India.

We kicked ALL of them.

Our Program is paying per Lead, and all the Leads from the Indian Sites were for nothing. Some had everybody and their uncle creating leads through their website. The money spent for the leads was just a waste of money.

It was just a pain, so we dropped all of them.

We also reject ALL affiliate applications from India now. We gave some a shot and were really disappoined so we gave up and reject ALL now.

It must be the same in the CJ Network.
    Too much complaints about Affiliates from India, too less serious and real performing Affiliates.

It's bad for all the serious sites and affiliates from India which seem to be the minority nowadays.

However, if you take it serious, there is always the possiblity to contact merchants and networks directly. Talk to them.
    Some will be willing to give it a shot, if they believe in you.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

5. Thanks From:

It's because of fraud and bogus stuff like leads etc..I know because I asked it and got a reply from Todd..Along with India, Turkey isnt listed as well..I guess there are some ppl woh wanna get rich 'quick'. I dont blame CJ for this although good apples are being wasted along with the bad ones.

iucpxleps. <= please spell this, it's the meaning of life.

futurescopes, dont be worried, you have alot of friends, from many countries who cannot join CJ . Cj do not accept again new publisher from my country since November last year.

It is strange to me that they ban India country first.

Is it really that most complains are from India?

http://8n.nu/

ABW Ambassador
    How curious, it is a matter of alowing only per sale programs and problems may be solved...

I live in Argentina, it seems I am the only US market affiliate from here (any merchant know another?), so I'm building reputation for my country with more than $100,000 in sales monthly mainly for US market...

Fer

If not wrong, India is the 2nd largest population country in the world. Since India has so many people, there must be more publishers as compare to other countries and if there are SO many publishers, there must be more 'bad boys'!

I just feel like it is some kind of 'discrimination'. Because you are assuming a few million people in a country are bad just because a few are! Just because MR BUSH and his gang are a bunch of 'legal terrorist' , does that means all americans are too? The answer is NO!

I am not from India, but I am from an unlisted country.

I can't clearly remember but a few months ago I believe CJ were inundated with dodgy affiliate applications from India numbering thousands in a few weeks. (Someone correct if I'm wrong) Anyway the result was that CJ banned new applicants from India. However, the Indian affiliates who had been with CJ for a while were allowed to stay. That's why some merchants have Indian affiliates.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    futurescopes,

Online shopping and the internet are rather infants in the indian market.

Indian publishers can't understand the seriousness of affiliate marketing yet. when they see the figures increasing on the "top right corner" of their CJ affiliate account when they enter an email address on a lead program that they are promoting, most of them forget about promoting them, just keep on entering email addresses of all the people they know.

Most are not good at SEO and have india centric websites where they can't promote US-centric shopping merchants.

I'm from india, but if I ever start a lead program on whichever network, I'll not accept indians, russians or chinese.

If you are serious of making money online by selling to the US market - write to CJ, they should accept you - or even better, join shareasale and performics, they have the same quality of merchants as CJ and they do accept india.

---
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." ~ The Tathagata

Please do not blame the publisher alone.

I cannot understand why the advertisers can paid for all the leads.

Should they add a manual process to valid all the leads first before reporting ??
    Then all leads are more likely valid and useful.

If they don't have the manpower to validate the leads. There are some other easy methods to ensure they are getting quality leads "automatically".

When the publishers understand the advertiders are not foolish.
    They will also not wasting their time creating fraud leads.

People fraud because they preceive the other party is foolish. ( Not neccessarily where they physically live )

The fact the US publishers are less likely to cheat on leads or clicks may be they are rich compare to people living in developing countries. They have no interest on earning a few bucks for short term gain. They cheat only when there is big expected return.

But the bad apples in India do hurt the reputation of other honest publishers.

In the affiliate marketing world,
    there are affiliate fraud and
    merchant fraud.

Be smart !

quote:
    Just because MR BUSH and his gang are a bunch of 'legal terrorist'

WTF?

Bush is a good man. Can't wait until he starts bombing

And I'm Canadian!

Insert funny quote here.

Ok, Fraud exists on every affiliate network. Banning entire countries as a knee jerk reaction is fine but it can hardly be a sound long term strategy dealing with a country like India. Perhaps CJ can have better controls and checks in place to tackle the handful of webmasters who're causing this trouble. Then the other serious Internet marketeers won't get penalized and will be able to create fruitful partnerships with CJ merchants.

quote:
    Please do not blame the publisher alone.

I cannot understand why the advertisers can paid for all the leads.

Should they add a manual process to valid all the leads first before reporting ??
    Then all leads are more likely valid and useful.

If they don't have the manpower to validate the leads. There are some other easy methods to ensure they are getting quality leads "automatically".

When the publishers understand the advertiders are not foolish.
    They will also not wasting their time creating fraud leads.

A Merchant's perspective on this comment =)

In both, LS and CJ we have had scammer affiliates get into our systems and create fake leads. We manually go through all the leads so they won't get away with it. However, I don't think you understand the manpower involved in going through all those bad leads and manually rejecting them. It could take hours that would be better spent elsewhere, so in my opinion I wish LinkShare and CJ both had better safecatches for fraud.

CJ is a bit better in this respect and I wish both networks banned Chinese and Russian affiliates as well. If real affiliates from those countries want to join my program then email me and I'll let you. What I don't need to do is go through hundreds of bad leads.

Oh and I do have some very good chinese/russian/indian affiliates but I've had to deal with A LOT of fraud from those countries.

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com
    $7.5 Million paid to affiliates last year
    Highest Converting app on the Net!
    Private Forum at ABW

Hey Daniel,

Welcome back!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    quote:
    I wish both networks banned Chinese and Russian affiliates as well

CJ has banned them already, Infact, I did some research and for fraud, Russia is at #1, China is #2 and India ranks #3, I think CJ has also banned other countries like pakistan and countries from the middle east but they still show up in the list - they reject the application after the publisher fills up the form.

we hear more about india being banned because India also has a larger number of serious people wanting to get into Affiliate marketing the way it is really done!

I think CJ should allow indians, russians and chinese to fill up the form, and detect the country automatically - if the publisher is from one of these three, the publisher must be asked to email CJ with their plans on how they want to go about making money with affiliate marketing - on the basis of that, CJ can accept or reject the publisher.

---
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." ~ The Tathagata

I got a russian scammer with a .netfirms web extension in CJ last month. CJ worked really quickly to get rid of him *applaud* AB That is a great idea.

Redfish I never went anywhere but thanks =)

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com
    $7.5 Million paid to affiliates last year
    Highest Converting app on the Net!
    Private Forum at ABW

Kind of off the subject but I think anyone residing in a country whos peoples do not buy from the merchants available at said network should not be allowed to join. 90% or more of everyones sales come from the US. So there you are feeding off the US and in no way are your neighbors contributing to sales. Why is it I can expect a rush of sales come in between 5 and 10 pm my time but can't expect another one when london is awake or India or Australia? I think it's bogus. I don't think these countries are completly at fault considering the ignorance of the US companies available that refuse to ship to other countries.

Signed a very ignorant sounding Heyder but I'll take my chances

[This message was edited by Heyder on March 06, 2003 at 05:55 PM.]

Internet is completely different, it does not like the physical world.

Website traffic is NOT depends on
    where the owner or the company physical located.

By adding different website content,
    you can attract people living from other countries.

All networks do not have a place for affiliates to fill out their website demographics information.

The result is that the merchants only use the physical address to determine whether the affiliate is suitable or not.

The procedure of course will prevent international webmasters to join, including super affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    You could always move...

Travel around the world on the Net
    is much much easier
    than physical relocate.

I will not change citizenship just for the purpose of being easiser get into some affiliate programs.

If a merchant reject you because of the address,
    you can choose another merchant(selling the same products or services) to parter with, who do not have restriction on physical address.

Hi, I am from a small unlisted country as well. Just that I am lucky because I have sign up few years back. Although my balance has been $2.88 for a few years. But at least I don't need to worry about the signup process now when I reallt make use of CJ account.

I am now a good publisher with CJ with $$$$ earnings and high EPC. I have contact with my advertiser and they even raise my pay!

Really, all automatic task like CJ signup, program appliacation would be more tighten in rules. I am rejected by many programs. But usually when you contact them, and tell them what's your plan and how your region wouldn't affect the results, they will usually approved you. Thats' my experience.

So I believe if you want to join CJ and youo already own a very good web site. They will gladly accept you into the CJ community.

All the best. Anyway, google just DANCE and many spams has been removed effectively. It would be a very good news to us.

I believe that advertiser should pay when he himself get something.

The world have give and take rule. So when someone do a sale he should get his commission. For leads the only lead which verify credit card for validation are ok, but other will be mis used either the publisher is from india or anywhere from world.

I think all country should be allowed to join in cj or all networks, but the system should be changed. All lead should verify credit card and than nobody would do frauds.

Well it will be much more better if all affiliate just deal in product sale and commission.

So

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

This is Affiliate Forum, so we cannot mixing betwen rasis & business. If Cj don't accept a new publisher from some countries, they must be have some good reason why Cj do that. I hope CJ staff in this forum can explaining more.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast