didi anyone see googlebot activity in last 2 days? my site stats show there is no visit by googlebot in last 2 days

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

emphimy:

our logs show normal g-bot activity for last several days.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

my logs show googlebot sure hit my sit hard yesterday.

frem30

Google bot has been visiting daily here

Jason

xtremeshopping.org

aim: ssn jason

"If someone says can't, that shows you what to do." -- John Cage

Yep... Been hiting my sites hard

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

Good morning,

I have questions for the group and hopefully will get some feedback. This might be kind of lengthy and I hope you do not mind. I also apologize if this is the wrong forum for the posting.

I have three sites, let's call them sites A, B and C.

Site A was created and published in 1996 and it targets the nonprofit sector (information, etc.) The site currently has over 1,000 links pointing at it from several government agencies (HUD, DOJ, etc.) as well as hundreds of colleges, universities and school systems as well as foundations. Site A currently ranks a 7 with Google.

Site B was created in 2000 and it is basically a directory of sites located in a foreign country. The site is not in English, currently has perhaps 100 links pointing at it, and the ranking with Google has averaged a 6 - it goes up and down between 5 and 6.

Site C is a new site created perhaps 7 weeks ago (July 20) and is not totally completed as of yet. The site is sort of an online mall and will have, when completed, the usual sections an online mall site would have.

I placed two sections of site C online 7 weeks ago. I placed links pointing to site C from Site A (home page among other pages), as well as links from Site B.

What I have noticed, and this is where my request for opinions comes in, is that Google has assigned a "6" to the entry page (sub-section main page) to one of the two sections I placed online, and a 5 to the other entry page.

The Home page still shows a "Our site is under construction" graphic, but has been assigned a "5" by Google (????)

Now, I have noticed that when certain searches are conducted either in Google, AOL, MSN and some other engines/directories, Site C (or products shown on the site) have been coming up # 1 and # 2 in Google, AOL ans MSN, depending of course, on what search term is used. I am even more surprised that many of the pages with individual items are being included in the top 10 results and some others in the top 20 results.

I do not buy keywords in Overture or any other program and mainly rely on the meta tags I have placed in site C, and the links from my two other sites. I have exchanged links with perhaps 3 - 4 other persons in relationship to site C.

I have looked at other sites (competitors) and noticed that those sites are assigned rankings below 5 (3, 4 & 5) even though they have been online longer that Site C, and that in most instances sites ahead of Site C in most of the results' pages are companies that sell similar products as those advertised in my site, or companies participating in "sponsored links".

My question that I have, and would appreciate the feedback from the group is, is this "par for the course"? Are "new" sites" (not even completed yet) incorporated into the directory and ranked so high so quickly? Or do you think it has more to do with a combination of links pointing to Site C from Sites A & B, and the use of meta tags and keywords?

I would appreciate you feedback.

Gil

It's like this. Can I, pretty please, have links from sites A and B, too??

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

Google has visited my site daily for a long time. I'm not seeing any unusual activity from Google, but Inktomi and AltaVista are going nuts on my site this month!

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Google has visited my site daily for a long time. I'm not seeing any unusual activity from Google, but Inktomi and AltaVista are going nuts on my site this month!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. The only change I've noticed is my home page went from PR5 to PR4. But I don't care because all my other pages went up considerably. Rankings improved on most major keywords. Otherwise seems normal to me.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> course"? Are "new" sites" (not even completed yet) incorporated into the directory and ranked so high so quickly? Or do you think it has more to do with a combination of links pointing to Site C from Sites A & B, and the use of meta tags and keywords? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it isn't 'par for the course'. Google likes to see things like inbound links to a page... the more inbound links, the happier it is, and the higher Google rates the overall importance of that particular page. Because you have an outbound link to your mall from this 'important page', Google will 'imply' that the outbound link is important also, and will assign a higher than normal page ranking (importance) to the mall page. Most start-ups have to wait and work at it to get anything other than the default page rank...

Thanks for your feedback - it is good to know a bit more about the inner workings of Google, etc. I do appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Gil

One of my discussion forum website www.asuku.com is not being spidered at all. It has dynamically generated php pages and use a standard php forum code. Wondering why google is not happy with it - any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> google is not happy with it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Offhand, I'd say that it may exist too far down the directory chain for Google to be interested in.

"Portal" isn't a word that Google gets excited about.

"?sid=" may be a Killer Phrase according to most postings I've seen.

You may want to make some effort on building up the incoming links from other sites.

Add a 'description' meta tag with your important keywords.

It looks like it's been around because some of the pages have page-rank. Maybe you need to be more patient and build more content.

CodeJockey.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread