My website www.bestrate4me.com ranks #1 on Google for the term "best wireless rate" which according to Overture should receive about 1400 hits a month. I know that's not a lot, but I'll take it. My problem is that I don't get anywhere near that number. I might get 9 a day or 20, never near the 47 that would be the daily average according to Overture. Can you guys take a look and let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

Jim
    www.bestrate4me.com

Jim,

The overture tool is a compilation of the # of searches for a given keyword based on overture's partner sites.

In addition, you can not expect to get a 100% click thru rate of the searches conducted for your keyword phrase.

9X30 = 270 clicks per month. If this is based on 1400 searches, you are getting about a 20% click thru rate from your #1 listing.

I think that is pretty good.

Shawn

ABW Ambassador
    Nope, you are not doing anything wrong. Firstly, the Overture search suggestion tool is badly flawed and secondly, you are reading it wrong.

The 1,400 figure you quote is for number of searches NOT number of hits. Secondly, Overture doesn't differentiate between plural and singular, so that figure includes both 'best wireless rate' and 'best wireless rates' . Google, however, does differentiate between singular and plural searches.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Every time you or any other web designer searches for that term, the number goes up. How many times have YOU checked the term?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    First Overture sucks, use Wordtracker. I checked for you and :

best wireless rate had 51 searches in the last 24 hours with 9 competing sites. Much more accurate.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    Generally, Trust, I agree with you on Overture vs WordTracker. In this case, though, 51 searches a day equates to approx. 1,500 a month - which isn't far off the numbers Overture is giving.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, read it wrong, thought 1400 clicks a day. Pretty close this time.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread