Google have changed their AdSense TOC.

The end of Paragraph 2 used to read:

You agree that only one (1) Ad Unit shall be displayed on each Site Web page.

It now reads:

You agree that only one (1) Ad Unit shall be displayed on each Site.

If they want to restrict it to one Unit per SITE - that must automatically put 99% of users out of compliance...

ABW Ambassador
    They must be referring to an ad unit as the collection of ads on each page. They cannot mean that you can only have one ad on your site, that would be crazy.

It looks like they are trying to stop duplicates. If you sign up under different names you can only display one set of ads on one site

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Paragraph 1 states:

"Multiple accounts held by the same individual or entity are subject to immediate termination"

Yep, a unit refers to one 'block' of ads, but the TOC now clearly states one unit per SITE

But the FAQ states:

"6. Can I sign up for more than one account?

This is strongly discouraged. Because website publishers can place the AdSense HTML ad code on any page they own or manage, there is no need for publishers to create multiple accounts. Therefore, we generally limit Google AdSense accounts to one per publisher. However, publishers may create multiple accounts if they manage sites that require separate payments."

Contradicts the TOC:

"Multiple accounts held by the same individual or entity are subject to immediate termination"

Looks like it's anybody's guess what their intentions are...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I came to a library here in Florida for a quick stat/ABW check, and I see THIS!

Hopefully they just made a typo or something when they put that "one unit per site" in there!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    One unit per site will kill the program. Why would people use Adsense if they can only have 1 ad on their site?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I think that "one unit" counts as an ad box (which may contain up to for ads) - just poor wording by Google.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org

ABW Ambassador
    LOL Leader on vacation in Florida and going to library to be with us and some stat checking i'm sure. I'll probably do the same thing from my parents computer when i go later this year.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

The problem isn't whether it's one ad or one ad box containing several ads.

It's whether you can put them on only one page on each website or multiple pages

Sorry to put a damper on your vacation, Leader

I wondered if it was a typo, but if so it's pretty shabby, in a TOC statement.

And the other contradictory information between FAQ, TOC and Program Policies (why do they need THREE ways of publishing the same information?) is quite worrying.

Contradicts the TOC:

--------
    Give me a break. If they provided me a way to track multiple web sites with one account I would do so. I run two web sites and need to keep the income data seperate for both of those sites. I signed up for a second account because when I signed up they said it was okay in the FAQ or TOC. Now they are saying it is not okay?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    Google have changed their AdSense TOC.

The end of Paragraph 2 used to read:

You agree that only one (1) Ad Unit shall be displayed on each Site Web page.

It now reads:

You agree that only one (1) Ad Unit shall be displayed on each Site.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They fixed it. In order to get into my account, I had to agree to newly revised terms. Now it says:

"In addition, You agree that only one (1) Ad Unit shall be displayed on each Site Web page"

So "page" is back.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I was wondering if anyone has gotten negative feedback from google adsense by putting it on pages that are very short (ie just 2 paragraphs about a product for example...) . Or if they did find that objectionable would you receive a letter from them asking you to remove it? I have a site with just a brief paragraph about a product per page and didn't know if that was okay.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread