ABW Ambassador
    "Conversion tracking is the latest addition to our suite of Google AdWords reporting tools. This feature allows you to track how many ad clicks convert to purchases, sign-ups, page views, and leads - for free.

You'll get AdWords conversion data right down to the keyword level in your reports, information that can help you better measure your return on investment (ROI) and make smarter online advertising decisions. "

Bedtime, will read more about it later

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    I just added it tonight. It's currently showing that I'm paying $48/conversion. I hope it doesn't show the same tomorrow night.

I don't like the fact that they put a visible tracker on your site. They tell you it isn't for Google branding but then say you can't hide it or bury it.

They went into some explanation about if asked, they wanted to reassure our customers there is nothing to worry about as far as their cookie goes. Does anyone else find that odd? The majority of the internet public doesn't have a clue what a cookie is but Google is making their tracking tool visible in order to tell these same people a cookie was put on their computer but there is nothing to worry about? Very odd.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    How can they tell if a customer to an affiliate's site converted? The shopping cart isn't even on the same site!

Or does it only track things you're selling directly?

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    Don't you ever sleep or do you get up at some ungodly hour? It's 2:30 here which either makes it super late there or too darn early.

Yeah, it only tracks things you are doing directly - you can track direct sales if you have them but you can also track leads such as sign ups if you have a newsletter, etc.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Don't you ever sleep<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what DAY is for!

It was 5:13 AM when I posted that. It's now 8:34AM--time for shuteye!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> do you get up at some ungodly hour?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perish the thought *shudder*. Occasionally a fluke happens but I'm quite content to let the Empl*yed Ones have a monopoly on making a habit of it!

Thanks for the explanation though.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread