Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    After over 2 months, 100 tries, errors and time outs...

I just submitted 3 affiliate programs in a row and they ALL WENT THROUGH! Just like that, and in the middle of the day too. Kinda of weird now that I think about it to be so excited, just because something works right, like it's supposed to. But after months of futile submissions and bizarre errors it is exciting to see that "submission recieved" page finally.

Now let's hope Google pulls a fresh directory one of these days!

WhooHoo, get in while the getting is good.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the post, Linda.
    It is indeed working and I just submitted 4 websites

It may work but that doesn't mean you'll ever get a response. I've been waiting on a site for 6 months without any type of reply from a category that has a manager. I'm about ready to lose hope in dmoz.

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

I've heard the rumor that most of the large search engines do not update using the DMOZ anymore. I had submitted 3 sites to DMOZ for about 3 months now and never get listed. So, I end up paying the $299 to Yahoo to get the sites reviewed. Can someone share some insight on your recent experience with DMOZ?
    Thanks a lot,
    William

Animal Lover
    I thought it was just me - so there is something wrong with dmoz...I've been trying on and off and never get to the submission received page and because I was scared to be seen to be 'spamming' dmoz, I NEVER clicked more than once to submit...so I gave up...maybe I should try again...

Oscar

The submit process has definitely been up the creek for about a month of so. You might find that some of the submissions you thought had failed *are* in the system but not in the correct categories and are being moved down. Resubmitting again would almost definitely NOT be considered spam.

Of course, DMOZ doesn't accept pure affiliate sites anyway. Also "commercial" categories tend to be backlogged, especially shopping.

Almost all search engines use ODP data in some way, even if it's just to crawl the dmoz.org site for links. Google, Alltheweb and Alexa use it in other ways too. You'd be daft to ignore a catalog of 3.8 million sites, after all!

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread