Hmm I have over 100 pages waiting to be indexed in google. it's been almost a month since I created them and there not in google yet, does anyone know why it's taking so long. the google bot is visiting them frequently and I'm growing impatient because I believe if they can get into google I think I may hit my $1000 a month target. when it does happen...

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

I'm in the same situation. Google is very unpredictable these days. Sometimes they spider a lot of pages immediately, sometimes it takes a very long time. And the worst thing: you can't really do anything about it, so best thing is to just wait and continue with building pages.

ABW Ambassador
    so jason, do you have a plan on what to do if you get banned or dropped from google? Maybe just a month of zero page rank?

Chet

Chet:

Agreed. I understand that free traffic from search engines is terrific, but you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hmm I have over 100 pages waiting to be indexed in google. it's been almost a month since I created them and there not in google yet, does anyone know why it's taking so long. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my experience, more inbound links + Higher PR = faster indexing of pages.

For example, a site that I recently built (about 4 months old) went from PR4 to PR6 in the last month or so. As a result, almost any page I put up is in the index in 3-4 days or so. In addition, google hits my site at least 4000-5000 times per day (multiple bots).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> so jason, do you have a plan on what to do if you get banned or dropped from google? Maybe just a month of zero page rank? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A VERY good point. Back in August of this year, one of my biggest producing sites ($5k+ a month) inexplicably disappeared from google SERPS for all relevant keywords. This particular site had been in the top 5 results for it's target keyword(s) for over 2 years, and was one I considered rock-solid. Strangely, it retained all PR (PR6) and remained in the index when searching for the site name/URL directly, but did not appear in any relevant SERPS. It took roughly 5 weeks for it to "reappear". Needless to say, although I'm pretty diversified at this point, losing that much monthly income overnight is a rude awakening.

Frankly, if your financial well-being relies on 1 or 2 sites maintaining their free SE listings, not only will you lose alot of sleep, you're not being very realistic.

To be honest...there are quite a few Affiliate Marketers here at ABW with sites that WILL eventually be banned, it's just a matter of time....

Erik

P.S. I'd just like to add: Jason, I would recommend you start developing a linking strategy. With no inbound links (at least that appear in google) and such a low PR, it's very easy to disappear from the index.

[This message was edited by AllPiercings on October 28, 2003 at 08:41 AM.]

I tend to get pages in after about 48 hours for a few days and then they vanish completely.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    But eventually everything is indexed. Patience is the word of the day with google

Animal Lover
    Ahh...I was wondering why suddenly some of my pages just couldn't be found in google - disappeared completely when they used to rank well for those keywords...so the key is patience...and wait 5 weeks...instead of tweaking again because you think that google doesn't like you anymore...

I will wait then...and get more links in the meantime...

Oscar

do not waste your time tweaking for google. Just build more pages/sites.

I must admit, I rely on the "free" google traffic for most of my income. I doubt all the other search engines combined could even pay my hosting bills. It is not a great long term business model, I know... but it works so well right now.

Ya got my pages finally indexed! Back to making pages...

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/parasiteware.html"target="_blank">Fight parasiteware!<a>

"Do what you love and make money in the process. Turn your knowledge into income."

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >do not waste your time tweaking for google

Agreed. All you'll end up doig is going MAD. MADDDDDD I tell you.

OOoOh! Look! Furball!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

My name is Drewbert,
    I used to tweak for Google,
    but these days I just go NEEP NEEP NEEP NEEP NEEP NEEP NEEP NEEP NEEP NOOOOOOOORGLE!

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Animal Lover
    So don't bother to tweak even when you used to be in page 1 but have since dropped to page 2 or 3 because of increased competition or google's changed its algo? Just move on and keep building other sites?

Oscar

Action Jackson - King of the World
    you could try forever trying to get that first page ranking. Meanwhile you get nothing else done

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

ABW Ambassador
    If you want first page ranking and new pages added within an hour just wear these

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread