it is 1:45am and my page building comes to a screeching halt.. nooooooooo! hopefully it won't be long.

CSS is love

I can access it now . I didn't notice it went down.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

one hour later I still can't access it, maybe it's just me. hmmm

was kind of sudden though, was in the middle of getting links and browsing more.

well, the whole thing went down, traffic, clicks and sales this weekend.

Saturday at CJ was very slow for me. Not normal at all.

Andy

BANG! a $50 commish has just occured. Not bad after a painful slow weekend.

Next day and still can't access any of CJ's pages, is it down for anyone else?

I might have to check my DNS settings.

its coming up ok for me no problems. If you've got Norton or any of the adblockers on your comp check the settings

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

it's strange, I couldn't access any part of CJ and now I can at least get the main page.

probably just coincidence but I went as far as upgrading my router firmware :P

I still can't access the secure login page or login from the main page. Must be my ISP screwing around with the DNS servers.

almost a whole day gone by and I still can't get through to the members login page. I'm considering finding an outside DSN server to use or does anyone have the IP address for members.cj.com so that I can add it to my hosts file for now?

I can't log in using the secure page or the regular home page and it wasn't until this afternoon that the home page started showing again for me.

Can CJ block IP's for some unknown reason? I may be underperforming ATM but I am just getting started(their logo is Pay-For-Performance afterall).

I suspect it's my ISP, even though the change was awhile ago they did some upgrade to their DSN servers. I just find the abrupt cut off of ONLY CJ.com and the members.cj.com really strange, have not run across any other web site problems.

Another thing is the qksrv links on my pages do not go through and the banners don't show(for me only I suspect). I don't have ad blockers or anything like that installed. Did a scan with spybot search and destroy and a quick virus scan..I hope this clears up soon. It is really hampering my web building.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Are you using Norton Internet Security or Personal Firewall? They can both block CJ, depending on your settings.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans

not using any software firewall, I just couldn't access CJ all of a sudden last night while getting the links I need to make pages with.

here I am nearly 24 hours later and still unable to login to CJ.

I've tried getting the IP address for CJ and putting it in my hosts file which didn't work properly. I've checked for adware etc, deleted my temp files and history pages, java cache, etc.

tried using static ip and dns, automatic dhcp, and about to try other things.

I just find it strange that so far I can only access the main CJ page but can't login or even access the secure login page(https://members.cj.com/member/foundation/login.jsp).

I have not had a problem with accessing ANY other web sites yet, can CJ ban you or anything without notice?

oddly while browsing the cj main page I can't access any secure http pages (https) such as the apply to join page... doesn't explain why the qksrv links are also not working though.

I had a very similar problem with my ISP, when suddenly the only place I couldn't visit was ABW. (!)

I had the same thoughts -- did I somehow get banned, etc.

In the end it turned out to be problems with my ISP's DNS tables.

As a quick fix I found another DNS server and set my PC to use that one. Eventually my ISP fixed the problem and I want back to using the default one.

This type of thing had happened to me before, with the same ISP (Cox.net) and that first time it took a few discussions with the ISP's tech folks before they agreed that the problem was theirs and fixed it. I'd try that approach, first.

-- Mike

"Men travel faster now, but I do not know if they go to better things."
    -- Willa Cather

I was thinking of finding another DNS server to use next, any suggestions? I hope that's all it is.

I PM'd you with sample DNS server numbers and a "how to set them" procedure.

-- Mike

"Men travel faster now, but I do not know if they go to better things."
    -- Willa Cather

Thanks! I can get to the login page now

now where was I *cracks knuckles and fires up html editor*

ABW Ambassador
    grrrrrrrrrrrr CJ down again..... commissionjunction.com and cj.com awol.

No problem here. Check with your isp , might be routing problem

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

I haven't had any problem logging in during the past few days. Might just be a transient ISP issue that will resolve itself.

Andy

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread