More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I have an opportunity to reciprocal link with an owner of 43 sites, all ranked PR 5. The link to my site would show up 3 pages away from the home page with no more than 25 links per page. Will this help my ranking?

Thanks

Always Keep The Legs Moving!

If the only reason you would consider linking to the site is to increase your page rank I would say don't waste your time.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Well I already posted the links and I am actually getting a small amount of traffic from the links. Won't this increase my page rank? (non-existent right now for this new site) What are other ways to boost pagerank besides a dmoz listing (which I applied for)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike S.:
    Well I already posted the links and I am actually getting a small amount of traffic from the links. Won't this increase my page rank? (non-existent right now for this new site) What are other ways to boost pagerank besides a dmoz listing (which I applied for)?

****************************<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too would like to know how to get traffic I believe my backlink campagn was too late for the latest google update or I'm doing something wrong. No rank at all after first full index

don't hold your breath on that dmoz listing.. the wait is anywhere from a few weeks to over a year. You never know if you're rejected either since they don't reply to emails :P

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, links in will help your PageRank. Try to get some of the keywords you're targetting in the link text, this helps too. As far as the 43 sites with PR5, it's the PR of the page where your link will be placed that counts, not the home page PR. PR is becoming less and less important so any links in should help. Some people have said Google is starting to put more importance on links from sites with the same theme like Teoma has been doing. I think in the future the links that will help the most are links from sites where there is no reciprocation. Other sites linking to your site just because you have a site worth linking too.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread