I just received a mailer from Google -- nice little thing about their AdSense program.

Anyone have any luck, (good or bad) with this program?

Seems interesting.. definitely got my attention.

I'll post the url if anyone asks.

Cheers,
    N

There are many threads on adsense. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

ABW Ambassador
    Click on Find & type Adsense in the box. It will turn up 100's of posts. No sense in repeating it all in a new thread.

Wayne

I've fished through the posts..

one question that I have --- Google spiders the site.

Let's say my site is an e-commerce site for skateboards, and skateboard products (or widgets)

Does Google spider the site, and put similar (like other skateboard sites or similar widgets) in the ads?

If so, why would I want to have the competetition's banners/links on my site?

Or, will there be links, that make my site Google-worthy, and adds traffic and ranking to my site?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, you will get ads targeted to your content. Google does provide an option to exclude specific URL's up to 200 or so different sites. It is time consuming if there are lot's of sites you wish to exclude.

Your question points out the fact that Adsense is not right for all sites. It provides a way to make a few cents up to a few dollars when a visitor is ready to click off your page. If you want them to click off to your checkout page, then Adsense probably isn't for you

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Try Adsense on pages that you know you can quantify the results to see if Adsense is right for you.
    Approx 21% of my income comes from Adsense this month.
    For me, my visitor either clicks on an affiliate link, an Adsense link, or leaves without clicking anything.
    Adsense has a click-through rate of about 4%, so you aren't losing many visitors to Adsense, but you are earning good money (potentially, depending on the market)
    Give it a try. The checks are nice and big

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Your question points out the fact that Adsense is not right for all sites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah--In most cases, AdSense has increased my earnings without hurting sales.

But I have one category in particular that has had activity at the merchant go stone dead since I put the AdSense ads on.

So it seems that the value of AS not only depends on what type of site, but what type of merchandise is being offered.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Anyone have figures on how much Google AdSense pays? Revshare or CPC?

Any info appreciated.

Thank you.

Victor Caballero
    victor@realtytrac.com
    Residual Revenue Affiliate Program: www.realtytrac.com/affiliates

ABW Ambassador
    The Adsense agreement prohibits publishers from disclosing stats.

Wayne

>> The Adsense agreement prohibits publishers from disclosing stats.

This is true, but unsubstantiated ancedotal evidence indicates that a sliding scale of CPC is in place, at around 60% of click cost, with an absolute cap of approx $10 - $15 per click

Google are free to make changes at any time to the values, or even the whole model, so keep an eye on your earnings, look for big spikes or troughs

It would not bother you if you put it at the bottom, if any unsatisfied visitor leaving page may give it attention and click.

commission are difficult to earn from 200 one person will buy and you get commission, but click are more easier.
    And best of all you can filter unwanted site's ad too.

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread