Hi,
    I have some sites, but all I am doing just free search engine submission.

Are you doing any expensive on search engine optimization. How much initial budjet do you keep for this purpose.
    1. Do you use yahoo paid submission?
    2. Do you use google adword programme?
    3. And what keyword bid on Overture and other searchengine.
    4. Some other search engines are also asking for submission fee. So do you pay anything for affiliate site submission.
    5. All affiliate are very good in SEO(search engine optimization) but I want to know do you hire any SEO firm? and if yes than at which minimum fee.
    6. Do you advertise on any other medias? like newspaper, tv etc
    7. How do you calculate minimum advertising budjet on your site?
    thanks and regards

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

ABW Ambassador
    Here is a budget example for a site that will focus on only 8 keyword phrases.

Inktomi: $214.00 (an annual fee) for the 8 pages. Inktomi subscription is $39.00 for the first page and $25.00 per page thereafter.

Fast/All the Web: $146.00 (an annual fee) for the 8 pages. Fast subscription is $34.00 for the first page and $16.00 per page thereafter.

Lycos: $102.00 (an annual fee) for the 8 pages. Lycos subscription is $18.00 for annual membership and $12.00 per page.

Teoma: $156.00 (an annual fee) for the 8 pages. Teoma subscription is $30.00 for the first page and $18.00 per page thereafter.

Yahoo: $299.00 (an annual fee).

TOTAL: $917.00

dmoz bribe: optional

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Pay Yahoo? Not in years since they started mixing google results with their own. Used to be well worth the money but consider it worthless now.

Hire a SEO. The good ones charge $1000's of dollars. No way!

Only making 5 and 10% commish on other peoples products. Maybe only 10% of people that come to your page even click through to the merchant. PPC doesn't seem like a good deal for affiliates.

Most people don't use the web just to find a product and buy it right away. They are either shopping price or info so even if they hit your site first they are likely to leave and go look around. Takes more than traffic to make a sale.

Take the money you make and invest a portion in advertising and see what happens. Easy come easy go.

>> The good ones charge $1000's of dollars. No way!

But the good ones will MAKE you 10s of thousands of $$$. Many will consider revenue share deals too, so their pay is dependent on your joint success. If you go for this lower risk approach, expect to pay a hefty %age of the profits though

Jane:
    It is what exactly I was thinking. I agree with you but I have put this question because In my opinion at least 80% Free traffic comes from Google. Almost all search engine are using google's results.
    But suppose google changes its policy, no more affiliate sites, than what will be affiliate??
    So I thought may be other affiliates have other resources for free traffic. Or only paid search engine is the way??

Kamaluddin Panhwar

Exactly why affilite sites have to do more than just make a duplicate page with the exact same info as the merchant.

Jane:
    Some search engine who see just few links of affiliate with full content don't accept those sites, and consider them affiliate sites. Ofcourse these sites have a lot content, but still in their policy they are Affiliate site.
    They think if you are selling product than they should be your own not taken from other sites.

Kamaluddin Panhwar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TallTroll:
    But the good ones will MAKE you 10s of thousands of $$$. Many will consider revenue share deals too, so their pay is dependent on your joint success. If you go for this lower risk approach, expect to pay a hefty %age of the profits though<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey TT,

I like the suggestion. Anyone interested in running our SEO as a % enhanced deal of some sort? PM or email me.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread