Has anyone been able to write a script to log into the CJ ftp server and download their datafeed?

I have tried everything I can think of and I cannot download my datafeed file. It seems they may be using a non-standard ftp server that refuses the standard ftp nlist command.

Anyone have any luck?

Chris

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

Have you tried EXPECT?

You can create an interactive session script.
    If you can do it interactively, you can do it with Expect.

http://expect.nist.gov/

Thanks. I'll look into it. Was kinda hoping to use something that would be standard on servers. ie...perl, php, wget.....

Any one have any other ideas?

Chris

ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

well, there is an rpm for it, and it comes already installed on some servers....

it really is an extension of tcl, which is standard... maybe not as popular as perl.

Are you having problems because you have the multiple file at the cj?

I wish it was because of multiple files. I have that issue licked. Someone hired me to write a script to login into the various networks and download all the datafeeds there and then do some file splitting magic on them. I have it done with the exception of CJ. I can log into the CJ ftp, but when I try to pull up a listing of all files there, I get nada back. The only solution I can come up with is that CJ is using a non standard ftp server and is not returning the headers that my language is expecting.

I have even tried to specify the exact path and filename for the file, but I get the same result.

Chris

Chris, here's an FTP log...

Looking for the host - datatransfer.cj.com
    Connecting the host - datatransfer.cj.com (216.34.209.22)
    220 E-Involve FTP V1.1 server. All transfers are logged.
    >USER xxxxxx
    331 Password
    >PASS xxxxxx
    230- WARNING: This server is for exchange of business data with Commission Junction only.
    230- Any attempt to upload data that has not been approved by Commission Junction
    230- will result in termination of your ftp account. Access restrictions apply.
    230 User xxxxx logged in from xxxxxx
    >PWD
    257 "/xxxxxx" is current directory.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

Thanks Akiva. A Google search turned up absolutely nothing on E-Involve FTP.

Chris

Can you ftp the feed if you do it manually from the prompt?

If you can, again, expect can do it for you...
    You can search for ftp expect scripts for several examples...

I download my cj feed via http with wget... wget works fine using http from a sh script.

I can get the feed. That is not a problem. I just login via WS-FTP and get it. I am just trying to get the script above to do all the networks.

Chris

quote:
    Originally posted by cditty:
    I wish it was because of multiple files. I have that issue licked. Someone hired me to write a script to login into the various networks and download all the datafeeds there and then do some file splitting magic on them.

Chris,

Will you be selling this script or is this an exclusive?

Sandra

Originally, this was supposed to be an exclusive script, but I have been unable to get the person I wrote it for to answer my emails.

Send me an email and we can talk. webmaster@scripts4yoursite.com

Chris

expect will do it for you.

Yea, but I am still leary of requiring them to install something that is not part of a standard linux/web install. Some hosts barely install all the php modules and prob won't want to install something else.

Chris

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread