Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As of today, Froogle is on the front page of Google. Now that Froogle is on the front page of Google, has anyone noticed a difference in shopping traffic or sales?

ie: "Shopping? Try Froogle - Google's product search service."

I think this is a very serious issue. We are going to need to be finding our traffic in places other than Google.

I may have to start up my news letter again, run print ads and things like that.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I noticed a big drop in clicks and sales today.

Anyone else?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

I've noticed many affiliate links in froogle, many #1 on select and niche keywords.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

kco: maybe I can't see it on .ca, can you tell me exactly where the froogle link is showing up.

Haiko: you mean lots of affiliate sites are showing up on frogole? Still trying to get a handle on this one.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

ABW Ambassador
    I took a good look at it and wasn't impressed at all - it doesn't worry me.

Do a search on childrens underwear. I see socks, some crappy looking ad's and the way the reults are limited to the center with paid ad's on the right and the navigatinal stuff on the left - it's plian, boring, ugly and ineffective to hold a visitor in there long. The places they link to aren't that compelling either.... How many people want to buy childrens underwear off yahoo auctions? uggghhh - I could be wrong but I don't think so. Page 2 is even more rediculus.

It won't make much of a long term impact in this format.

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.
    ===================================

I did a search on one thing and found 500+ links to catalog city before the next merchant even showed up. Interesting.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Well, I did a search for altar tile and I am not a happy camper.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Re-read the orignal post, found the problem on my end. ...edited...

I'm seeing catalogcity on many searches. This is not good for affiliate marketers. No affiliates are allowed to submit a datafeed to froogle.

ABW Ambassador
    Nothing to worry about.

I work in lounge pants

kellmk
    a lot, if not most, of the affiliate links listed were probably never submitted.
    I know all of mine weren't.
    This was discussed in another thread, I'll try and find the link.

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is not good for affiliate marketers. No affiliates are allowed to submit a datafeed to froogle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. However, I think due to limitations in their current system, affiliate sites that use verbose product titles/descriptions/prices are getting crawled and added.

Further, it may be a possibility that google is/will monetize froogle by becoming an affiliate of many programs themselves.

We've only received 9 total sales from Froogle in the last 90 days, so I don;t think it's making much of an impact, at least for now (I think the current design has alot to do with that...they really need to do a usability study).

Erik

==============================
    The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

ABW Ambassador
    I would rather have that link to Froogle on the main page, as opposed to the Froogle results coming up in the main search results.

(I think)

A Smaller , or invisible font in the link/ text to Froogle would be even better, though .

Froogle has got a loooong way to go before it's anything of a real shopping tool, IMO .

This doesn't help users do anything more than waste more time searching .

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Haiko said "I've noticed many affiliate links in froogle, many #1 on select and niche keywords."

I wonder if those are Google/Froogles OWN affiliate links they are making money from or other regular affiliate's links.

As I said in another post CJ contacted me awhile back saying Google/Froogle wanted to be an affiliate for Irvs.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

It does seem like froogle picked up some affiliate links but we can't submit a datafeed. As with anything else google does it seems like the goofed and got some affiliate links in there.

"If you sell services or custom products that do not have fixed prices, use your website only to promote an offline business, or are an affiliate marketing site, your site content may be crawled by and included in Google's web search, but it will not be included in Froogle. Nor will Froogle accept a data feed under these conditions."

Taken from: http://froogle.google.com/froogle/merchants.html#feed

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can bet the non-merchant Dupers like catalogCity will get reviewed and maybe re-classified as plain old affiliates....which they are! Froogle wants to market trustworthy links to real merchnats who assume 100% of the payment/fulfillment responsibility to the clicking consumers.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I don't know about anyone else, but I lost about 40% of my traffic today as the result of Froogle....this REALY sucks!!! Most of my traffic is now coming from AOL and my sales have plummeted as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Where do you get 40% from? Could be that today (the Saturday before Xmas) is the busiest day for offline Christmas sales.

I work in lounge pants

I did the math off of my unique visitor log on my server. I've been typically getting about 425 unique visitors on average a day for awhile now and have only had 250ish today so far. I know the night's not over, but I don't expect that number to rise too awful much in the next few hours. I've only gotten a total of 20 hits off of Google today and that number is WAY off from normal!!

ABW Ambassador
    When i first started i thought weekends would be the biggest days, but during the week more people shop online, usually from work with the high speed connections. I have a shopping site and the weekends have always been slower. Add to that that this is the biggest shopping day of the year for offline shopping and i think you're seeing what you should be seeing and your traffic will probably be back to normal Monday. AOL search would hurt your traffic more than Froogle. On the home page of AOL there is a search box with 2 tabs, a Search and a Shop, so AOL is pushing their shopping more than Google. So i can't see Froogle being the reason for a 40% drop.

I work in lounge pants

Froogle includes affilaite links and I don't mind a bit since many of them are mine.

Hopefully you're right Trust. My Saturdays have historically been average to above average but not this Saturday. Hopefully those hits will climb soon.

Must be nice to have the good fortune to be included in Froogle, Heyder. I'm not really sure how they tell whether a link is an affiliate link as opposed to any other link if an affiliate uses their own methods to protect and track their affiliate links. Mine sure as heck didn't show up in Froogle.

A part of me would like to wish everyone here got in and of course the competitive part of me doesn't. I will say I did apply and got rejected when they first started froogle and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

yeah this saturday was sooooooo slow.. even though I'm just starting and making anywhere from a $1-$7 a day off mostly adsense. :P

not a single click all saturday! and traffic was down maybe 20% or so. Crossing my fingers for steady traffic after the holiday season.. hoping it wasn't just a fluke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast