quote:
    YORBA LINDA, Calif. - Three young brothers were awarded $4.3 million — and stand to win more in punitive damages — after accusing X10 Wireless Technology of trying to bully them out of business. read more: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ternet_lawsuit

Makes you kind of wonder, doesn't it?

Apollo

That's a shame! Over the past year I've collected quite a bit of commissions from them.

Shows you what we're dealing with, doesn't it?

I hope this is just the first of many more to come, lawsuits that will send out the message that you can't treat others poorly and expect to get away with it.

That message needs to be received and noted by a few companies mentioned here at ABW from time to time...

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Looks like the Toilet Bowl Camera king has pissed off a jury thinking shoving 20 billion Ads onto CRTs was abusive. Real crappy piece of Technology too but the perps selling it played the add-on/upgrade game to the hilt. Lesson to be learned is the Ad Whore mentality, exposed in a courtroom trail, brings financial pain upon the one viewed as the bigger spammer.

Brad Garlinghouse, vice president of communications products at Yahoo, told Reuters on 10/20/2003 the company had to keep enhancing its software because the legal battle against spam could not do the job alone.

"Legislation and litigation, it's something of a whack-a-mole problem," he said, a reference to a popular arcade game that challenges players to try to hit an increasingly fast array of pop-up figures, though he added Yahoo has supported spam laws and used anti-spam suits in past.

Yahoo said its marketing research highlights the extent to which spam is despised. In an August survey of Yahoo users, 77 percent said they would rather clean a toilet than sort through the junk e-mail in their inbox."

ROLMAO at those with a advertising mindset in the affiliate industry seeking to justify gorrilla mass advertising techniques as a viable ebiz plan.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Gyaattt Dang, Mike, you know everything, and I swear, I am not being facetious...

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

I wonder if the following message from them is related?

quote:
    Dear X10 Affiliates,

As you may have heard, X10 Wireless Technology, Inc. is reorganizing under Chapter 11 laws. While business is good, there was an unexpected and significant verdict rendered against us in California. In view of this verdict, our primary supplier changed our credit terms for inventory. In order to restructure our debt without the pressure of responding to these issues, we were forced to seek the relief of the bankruptcy laws.

This is a voluntary bankruptcy, we have a prepaid and positive balance with Commission Junction and you will continue to be paid on an ongoing basis.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to continuing our affiliation with your site.

X10 Management

Apollo

I saw all the news about X10, I had a few lights setup with their technology. I checked their website since I hadn't been there for a while. It looks like they are still going strong.

I bought a few cameras while I was there. I couldn't pass up the deal.

[Removed X10 latestdeals link]

[This message was edited by Haiko on October 28, 2003 at 07:44 PM.]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread