Try this search at google:

men's shoes

Froogle is now integrated with Google search results at the top of the page -- just below the Sponsored Link. The Froogle results only show up for a few specialized product searches and only randomly. Prices are shown along with the web site name.

Interesting!

ABW Ambassador
    Not showing up here.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kco:
    Try this search at google:

men's shoes

Froogle is now integrated with Google search results at the top of the page -- just below the Sponsored Link. The Froogle results only show up for a few specialized product searches and only randomly. Prices are shown along with the web site name.

Interesting!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. I told everyone this was going to happen. I said it as much as a year ago or better. Some people on this forum, and elsewhere, said I was paranoid, and made statments implying that I conjure up conspiracies. Well... what I said is happening. where are all the nay sayers. now? Trust? wtf? Google screwing us is no longer a theory. When Froogle dominates searches on the first thirty pages every last one of us is going to look for another way to make money on the web. I have already started. what about you?

-----------------------------
    Hey! I just noticed my new status! "ABW Veteran"!
    "...I'm a veteran of a thousand psychic wars..." - Blue Oyster Cult (Heavy Metal Soundtrack)

You are right Big chuck. We must find different way to generate money if we want to stay alive in the future. time will tell us that who'll stay and who will sink on commission seas...

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

ABW Ambassador
    "where are all the nay sayers. now? Trust? wtf? "

Chuck read the link i posted
    http://www.e-marketing-news.co.uk/current.html#manning

They are not an affiliate of any merchant. The main results are and will always be free algo results so as long as you know a little SEO you will be fine.

I work in lounge pants

I tell you what's gonna happen. CJ will be approaching merchants saying google wants to be an affiliate, everyone will ofcourse say yes, and CJ will upload all of their feeds to froogle. Bam, CJ will be making the money from froogle, if anything really materializes from the froogle listings. So, although Google will not actually be making money from it, they will be an affilate filling CJ's coffers. I bet it's already happening.

and... what if google, after an IPO, is buying value click. CJ will become a feed aggregator for Froogle and all other affiliates ( who used to use CJ ) will be thrown to befee....
    We will see what future brings
    pete

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    "where are all the nay sayers. now? Trust? wtf? "

Chuck read the link i posted
    http://www.e-marketing-news.co.uk/current.html#manning

They are not an affiliate of any merchant. The main results are and will always be free algo results so as long as you know a little SEO you will be fine.

I work in lounge pants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>[bold emphasis mine] Trust, you obviously don't keep up with things. No, Froogle is not an affiliate of any one merchant - THEY HAVE JOINED AFFILIATE NETWORKS! [Big Chuck uses his fist to 'knock' on Trusts noggin (head), while saying the words from the movie, Back To The Future - "McFly? Hello Mcfly! Are you there? Mcfly?!"]

So, Trust, to others, you can look for affiliate id's in Froogle results, as there could only be one reason why Froogle would join LS, and CJ. Maybe, as Craig mentioned, this is all an experiment. Not likely. If they are going to accept free data feeds from merchants, why not ask for the data to included their own quickserv link, or linksynergy link? Huh? Tell me, why do you think Froogle (not Google) joined affiliate networks as a publisher? Duh... - no, Froogle may never have merchants pay for being listed. Yes, they may be true search results. However, there will be a twist... what if Google/Froogle developed an method of returning search results for certain keywords/phrases, i.e. "buy jewelry" that placed product ads with Froogle's commission earning links at the top of the results? If they are going that direction (I believe they will, soon!) then what choice does anyone have? AND, if all the other se's follow suit? Then we are screwed.

Trust, all I ask you to do, honestly, is to answer this question: why did Froogle join LS, and CJ as a publisher? 2004, I am sure, will be an interesting year for affiliate marketing.

"...I'm a veteran of a thousand psychic wars..." - Blue Oyster Cult (Heavy Metal Soundtrack)

ABW Ambassador
    Trust takes Chucks own fists and knocks him on his own head for not reading the link i posted. The affiliate links you see in Froogle are not Googles, they are other affiliates, could be mine, could be yours. Click the link i posted and do some reading. Affiliates here at ABW have posted that Froogle has picked up their affiliate links and are now in Froogle. You say Google is now an affiliate and has their links in Froogle? I say back it up and post one you think is theirs.

"Trust, all I ask you to do, honestly, is to answer this question: why did Froogle join LS, and CJ as a publisher?"

Do you know this as a fact? Or are just reposting something somebody else posted? Please show me where it says Froogle is a publisher of CJ or LS, i can't find it. In fact start a thread asking merchants here if Froogle is an affiliate of theirs and if they're making any money. Fact is Froogle is not an affiliate of any merchant.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on December 27, 2003 at 03:37 PM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    When I submit a real merchants tab seperated datafeed into Froogle (when approval notice arrives) Froogle staff verify the domain landing pages DO NOT have duplicates already entered. Bye Bye affiliate datafeed as they do not want duplicate content and the fulfillment merchant trumps all similar listings.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Exactly, from the link i posted:

"Well, with affiliate marketers taking a commission on
    every sale they make on behalf of the merchant and they're
    making their own affiliate sites to promote on the
    Google.com interface... If I'm the owner of the affiliates
    program, I just feed my stuff into Froogle and then I
    don't have to pay anyone commission...

o Craig:

Yeah. Although there is still some extent to which the
    affiliate sites form a useful function. In some cases
    there'll be a site where the owner hasn't bothered to put
    together a Froogle feed themselves. And in those cases
    we'll sometimes get feeds from affiliates instead.

You still end up at the merchants site. But because they
    haven't bothered to put a feed of their own together,
    there's a possibility for someone to fill that gap."

Thats why when you see affiliate links in Froogle, they're not Froogle affiliate links, they are affiliate links from affiliate sites Froogle has crawled because the merchants might have a feed but they didn't take the time to submit to Froogle.

ABW Ambassador
    Linda "the catylst" has already reported google inquiring with her about becoming an affiliate - see - http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...115#1226001115

With this in mind, there is no reason IMO to believe this won't happen (if not already - at some point in the future).

While google may say this will remain a free service that doesn't IMO necessarily mean that it will always be free to merchants. "Free to consumers" probably most certainly, time will tell with merchants. If they aren't or wont be affiliates then the interest in showing froogle clearly becomes one of making affiliates pay for ppc based ad's which they have IMO indicated that isn't the case.

No business (that isn't non profit) isn't really interested in providing services "for free". There has to be an angle somewhere that brings in "more income". Froogle and the algo changes they've already made and future ones to come going forward can clearly manipulate this to be a double edged winner for them via affiliate income lack of competiton in froogle and increased ppc advertising from affiliates at the same time.

It's only a matter of time IMO.

** Have you asked for change? **

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you know this as a fact? Or are just reposting something somebody else posted? Please show me where it says Froogle is a publisher of CJ or LS, i can't find it. In fact start a thread asking merchants here if Froogle is an affiliate of theirs and if they're making any money. Fact is Froogle is not an affiliate of any merchant<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Catalyst (Linda), a consultant/AM posted at ABW that Froogle was trying to contact them via CJ. There have been rumors about LS and Froogle. However, if Catalyst makes a post stating that Froogle is in the CJ network as a publisher, then I believe it. see... you have not been keeping with things, Trust.

ABW Ambassador
    Inquiring about it and actually being are 2 separate things. No merchant has ever stated that Froogle is an actual affiliate. They know that if they accepted them a lot of affiliates would drop them/their feed etc. Read the link i posted, it's an interview with the man in charge of Froogle. They know the history of other SEs that have tried to capitalize on their search by becoming affiliates and what happended to them.

Chuck or anybody tell me 1 merchant Froogle is an affiliate with, or show me where a merchant has stated Froogle is an affiliate of theirs, or show me a Froogle CJ or LS id. Something factual. Then i will believe or else it's just speculation and not an actual fact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Chuck:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you know this as a fact? Or are just reposting something somebody else posted? Please show me where it says Froogle is a publisher of CJ or LS, i can't find it. In fact start a thread asking merchants here if Froogle is an affiliate of theirs and if they're making any money. Fact is Froogle is not an affiliate of any merchant<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Catalyst (Linda), a consultant/AM posted at ABW that Froogle was trying to contact them via CJ. There have been rumors about LS and Froogle. However, if Catalyst makes a post stating that Froogle is in the CJ network as a publisher, then I believe it. see... you have not been keeping with things, Trust.

"...I'm a veteran of a thousand psychic wars..." - Blue Oyster Cult (Heavy Metal Soundtrack)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You all are missing what I am saying. CJ contacted them about google being an affiliate, does that mean that google contacted CJ, no it does not. CJ could very easily post a LOT of datafeeds to google and earn transaction fees from every one. How many merchants do you think would say no to google as an affiliate, not too many I am sure.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's not a strech to think thta ValueClick/CJ/BF would love to charge merchants an allah cart fee to stuff millions of products into Froogle. The networks want to be their own PPCSE's with Froogle clones so bad they can taste it. They are tiring of running over us cockroaches on the Commission Highway and prefer the advertising mindset game plan. Acquire some responsible e-mail Dupers for pennies on the dollar, pick up some freshly cleaned BHO's for point of sale incent attacks, and spamm the crap out of the SE's and PPCSE's with the very same tricks for clicks used by the affiliate force....for SEO/SEM fees.

Time to put those years of data mining conversion ratios to the test. Monopoly is a fun game ...when your the one winner. Bet cha if the networks all merged some AM heads would roll as they'd close those diversion loopholes quickly.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I know I should stay out of this one, but I have to throw in my $0.02.

The minute, nay the second google receives commission for ANY kind of search result other than obvious paid advertisements; it will be the beginning of the end for google. When income outweighs results, people will find another search engine and google will always be “the great old search engine”. As long as Larry Page and Sergey Brin, live, this probably will not happen it, would/will be the death of google.

This may (and probably will) happen in time, but it will not happen soon. Free and unbiased is what makes google great, that’s why I use google.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The minute, nay the second google receives commission for ANY kind of search result other than obvious paid advertisements; it will be the beginning of the end for google. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, the end of Google?!! Because they want to make some money? By the way, everyone is trying to make money.

If they keep letting spammers dominate the results, that will be the end og Google. But making money will definitely not be the end of Google.

ABW Ambassador
    jimbo2002,

Please re-read my post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>other than obvious paid advertisements<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing wrong with making money, it just depends on what the cost is? Google can make money without manipulating the results to there advantage, and I think they will.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread