Just Lurking
    I just checked cnn.com, 4 out 5 total were different. By about up to 200,000. Is Google dancing?

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

I'm still not familiar with the dance but I just check my sites daily.. my latest site has been hopping in and out of the listings for a couple weeks now. Using site: allinurl: links: etc.

My first site is almost completely indexed within 2 months.(only 20 or so pages though)

When it's not coming up using site: allinurl: etc I check with the tool bar and it shows there is a copy of the page in cache still.

I'm not sure what to make of it.. crossing my fingers for my new site to actually show up and be at least as good as my first site(100-150 uniques per day).

I'm at a loss right now as the first page of my new site to get crawled by google over a month ago is no longer cached. I've looked it over and see no reason why it would be dumped(no gray PR however.. still white). Even the adsense on that page no longer shows relevant ads but PSA's.

I look at my pages and wonder if google doesn't like my structure or if I just need to be more patient. I did manage a PR4 on my first site within 2 months by luck though :P so my initial experience is skewed.

I have no affiliate links on the first one yet, the 2nd one is all affiliate(basically mall).

ABW Ambassador
    I checked webmasterworld and they seem to be discussing a google dance. I can't read the thread as it is in the paid section of the forum. Anyone care to share what's going on?

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

ABW Ambassador
    Update Ginger apparently started when i was on vacation. I see "Update "Ginger" - Google Updated Index - Going Live?" thread at webmasterworld started on Dec 20.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    I read the thread at webmasterworld, but they are not sure if it is indeed a dance - anyway not a major one...

ABW Ambassador
    No one is fueling this fire? I might as well.

I am getting google traffic from pages I put up two weeks ago. They are obviously spidering, but my PR and such remain the same. My new sites are not showing up at all and I see googlebot in the logs for them.

Will they do a big update or are we stuck with everflux again?

Of 4 new sites made the last week before christmas, I have 3 fully spidered, and 1 of them already in the index with all pages.

I noticed some pageranks changing....

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

Yes a dance seems to be on - PRs and backlinks are in motion...

*crosses fingers for decent index and serp positions*

comon google.. Canadian needs to pay the bills!

Hmm interesting. My page ranks changed, hope it is still going... ?? because Some page ranks went from a 5 to a 2? hmm.. hope this is just a glich. still seeing same traffic and sales are still average..

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>, <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&p=2"target="_blank">Affiliate goals<a>

looks like it happened... 100+ new pages indexed! Rock on... now just gotta be patient.

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>, <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&p=2"target="_blank">Affiliate goals<a>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 100+ new pages indexed! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you tell when your pages are showing up in the google index? Especially 100+?

I stumble on some and see some in my traffic stats. Is there a good way to see how many of you’re pages google has, and which ones are new?

I don't have time to go searching for specific pages.

ABW Ambassador
    to see what pages Google has type in
    site:yoursite.com inurl:yoursite.com

also this is good to see how many pages you have in the various search engines
    http://tools.marketleap.com/siteindex/default.htm

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    to see what pages Google has type in
    site:yoursite.com inurl:yoursite.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Easier to type allinurl:yoursite.com

You can also use allinurl: yourhost.com/yourdirectory if you don't have your own domain.

-----------------------------
    It's better to write something crappy that you can improve upon later than it is to write nothing. - Comedian Mike Myers

ABW Ambassador
    i hope it does not stay like it is now, as i have lost 700 pages so far, it keeps going down everytime i check!

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Trust:

I checked that site out and am confused. Why are all the search engines besdes Google listing so many more links?

Jack Mitchell

ABW Ambassador
    site:yoursite.com inurl:yoursite.com
    AND
    allinurl:yoursite.com

Return different results. Which one is the most accurate? Anyone know?

jackson992,
    My guess is that google is pickier and includes fewer pages. Taking a guess here.

ABW Ambassador
    i have lost another 400, whats going on???? i was hoping for more in, not out!!

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread