Hi all,

I linked to my affiliate site so google would find it and it did, but it visited about 12 times now and only indexes the index page. It's Googlebot/2.1,I think the deep crawler has another name??

Anyways do any of you guys know from experience how long it takes before google starts indexing other pages? I've been visited by google for about 4 weeks now.

Thanks in advance!

-Remon

Just Lurking
    Usually 30 days. But Googles been acting weird. Might want to review your HTML if your worried. I noticed Google will not go deep if it does not like your HTML.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    Approximately 30 days, but it can be as soon as a week....

Thanks for the responses, should be anytime soon then. I checked all pages with the lynx browser (text browser) and it was ok, no cookies, no sessions. HTML is fine too afaik but I'll check it with some validator later just in case.

-Remon

which part of the html will google not like? my first site was crawled fully within about 2 months.

my 2nd site isn't your standard simple html/table type design like the first but instead a mix of CSS and tables for layout and style.. the biggest difference is I use that onmouseover javascript on most of my affiliate links so it doesn't display the looong code at the bottom but rather the cleaner destination URL.

I'm hoping for a good showing in the index by Feb(3rd month).. google has hit my page so many times but I can't tell if it's the media bot or the regular bot and where it went on the site.. I need a better log analyzer.

Just Lurking
    I would avoid using the HTML style= attributes use external CSS instead. Google doesn't read external CSS. If Googlebot thinks your font size is too small it will ignore you and it can be easily offended. Even if your doing nothing questionable.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

10 of my pages out of like 100 showed up in the index today.. I hope more show up.. my structure should have the bots find ALL pages within 2 clicks Then I can start REALLY optimizing.

ABW Ambassador
    Really optimizing?
    Just don't overdo it...

what's overdoing it?

I mainly meant dropping non converters, revising page copy for better than average sections and filling out each page.

ABW Ambassador
    By overoptimization I meant overdoing SEO.
    Optimizing for merchants and sponsors is totally different and the right thing to do.
    I misunderstood....

what is overdoing SEO anyways? I'm curious

I draw the line at making paragraphs, titles, sentences sound cheesy in an attempt to increase keyword/phrase density. I'll opt for what sounds better to someone looking to buy or looking for information.. google does have stemming now though so it makes it easier.. or harder depending how targetted you were going for :P

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> what is overdoing SEO anyways? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question.

I really shove to get key words into the html in assorted ways. I wonder when I will break the robot. Any experience in this?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Woohoo loads of new pages showing up today!

Jack Mitchell

Woohoo!
    The deep crawler visited my site a few times today and it got about 300 pages as of yet.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread