Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Found this little free tool.

http://www.spidertest.com/

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Thanks for the link Linda, I got a few cobwebs that need cleaning

Nice! Make sure it gets into:

http://www.abestweb.com/scripts_tools.htm

I've been looking for this recently. My search is over! Thanks

Darlene Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    darlene@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

Oh very nice find indeed.

Thanks

char_paula

What does this mean?
    "Javascript would be better if in an external file"

I have Java Script but how does it go in an external file? I use SSI to place it on the page, now.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

SSanf-
    As you most likely already know - SE's do not like alot of Java on pages. Although these types of tools are a real help, you can't "read" into them too much. I use tools like this just to catch the major stuff. Remember, what works today may not work tomorrow.

I came across a real good html analizer a few weeks ago - thought I marked it - but now it's no where to be found. Oh! Well I guess I will keep looking.

Darlene Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    darlene@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

SSanf,

Java does clog up pages so SE can't read as easily and should always be in a separate file. It will clean up your pages to make them easier to spider and rank higher, just like having CSS in a separate file does.

Here 2 articles that explain why and how.

"Large amounts of JavaScript code can get in the way. Typically the largest amount of JavaScript code in a web page is found in the HEAD section. This is usually where variables and functions are defined, and so forth. Unfortunately, having a large amount of JavaScript code in a page can be detrimental to a page's ranking in the Search Engines."

The JavaScript Solution
    http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com/articles/javascript-stylesheets-search-engine.php

http://www.marketposition.com/articl...prominence.htm

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Animal Lover
    Linda,

it tells me that I have too many nested tables resulting in tag soup...what does that mean? Is there somewhere I can read up about css and how to use it? I'm using Namo at the moment to build my pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oscar

Oscar, I'm not sure about nested tables, sorry. I just searched Google to find the info about the Javascript above. If you search Google I'm sure you can find help with the tables.

Animal Lover
    Thanks Linda - will do so

Oscar

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread