ABW Ambassador
    I've got a couple of sites in Looksmart and I'm wondering whether or not it's worth it to continue with them. My budget was used up this month, but I can't tell if I'm getting any traffic from them or if it's all coming from the main Ink (Looksmart says they show in Inktomi.)

Any comments from people that still use LookSmart? Are you going to continue? Are you getting traffic from it that's good?

Thanks,
    Kip

ABW Ambassador
    Short answer: NO

Personally, with all the major partners they have (like MSN) dropping them like a hot stone, I think they're either on their way to being acquired (for a song) or simply filing chapter 11.

There are a number of other directories that can be useful, as well as some serious competitors brewing (see sig).

Erik

==============================
    Tired of a handful of people having TOTAL power over human-edited directories? Help www.BuildtheHive.com change that forever.

What kind of response have you had so far Erik? And if it doesn't pan out, will they reimburse everyone their 19 bucks?

Since I've financed about 50% of the project out of my own pocket, it WILL get done. The only difference will be the time frame. If the donations fall short, it will just mean a later launch date. As it stands, we're shooting for July 1st (we're about 13% of the way there at this point).

A number of big names have become interested in the project, and a few articles/press releases are forth coming.

Erik

==============================
    Tired of a handful of people having TOTAL power over human-edited directories? Help www.BuildtheHive.com change that forever.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread