This is absolutely true. Believe it or not, even Linkshare is doing better for us than CJ. Hundreds of CJ links and clicks, but not even one eBay nickel? This is simply "ridiculous". Our problem is not that CJ is responsible for this situation of degradation and dispair. Our problems is that CJ has TOLD US NOTHING about what it has done to remedy it. NOTHING!
    It's a shame.

huhu

I meant "despair" above.

huhu

So far today I've had 212 clicks, 7 sales from 2 different merchants, including 5 ebay nickels.

I don't think it's entirely CJ's fault you're not having success.

cj is doing okay here... this month... no complaints :0) Though I'm frustrated that I don't get sales every day! but I know I gotta keep on working at it.

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    Xtreme's partnership information

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

Well, I have found most CJ merchants to be under performers. But, a lot has to do with what you are selling, for instance, I only use a couple of CJ merchants any more. The fact that they are seasonal may just account for the poor showing of late.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well at CJ this month I show 2814 click with 17 sales earning me a whopping 46.02 before reversal time. Last year this month I was over 250.00 on similar traffic. Just too many CJ merchants who fit into many of the 75 shopping categories in my CyberMall show ZERO EPC YTD.

Amazing similarity in traffic to just one BF merchant ..."10/01/2003- 10/26/2003 XXXXXXX.com impressions=175,507 clicks=2,842 sales=109 $12,517.41 109 $12,517.41 0 0 0 $396.70 and that merchant batches and hasn't posted weekend sales. It's not the network's fault ..it's the merchants and the AM's on the network who don't know what to do with targeted traffic or fail to verify reporting tags.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I have earned over $750 from CJ this month, and that is from less than 10 merchants. You just have to choose your merchants wisely. There are way too many trash merchants that will rip you off. Halloween is doing good for me though.
    Although it is a pain in the ass when a merchant batches the reversals. I have had 8 today from the same merchant. I am showing a negative balance today

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    A lot of CJ merchants convert well.
    Anyway it seems that any Merchant with 5$ status and $10+ EPC will work fine, but as with all merchants, it work not for all, you may need to find the way to sell or recommend the store, not just a banner without any comment.

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, just because a merchant has 5$ status and a high EPC, it doesn't mean that they will work for everyone.
    You cannot place a banner on a shoe page and expect to sell cigarettes.
    If it was easy, then everyone would be making thousands. This is a tough business to be in

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

well this month at cj... so far. I have 260 clicks- 4 sales-$72.90 and hopefully I will get one more sale before the month is over. I'm doing about the same amount with linkshare, but I'm kicking a** with shareasale. shareasale seems to be doing better then the rest. this month at cj I made 10 times more almost then last month!
    Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    Xtreme's partnership information

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

I think I'm down roughly $1,200 this month because of this http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...564#6076061564

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    You know, I don't agree with everything CJ does or does not do, but I still credit them for being the best thing that ever happened to me, affiliate marketing-wise. Yeah, I've learned far more from ABW, and ABW is of more value to me right now, but CJ proved to me that you can make money in this, and that company is the reason I'm still here.

CJ looks pretty darn functional to me. Sales every day, nominal reversals, decent reporting.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

Gonna have to agree with Heyder here, I'm currently earning five times what I did with CJ last year, and it grows every month. One big consolidated direct deposit, yeah baby, yeah!
    Work smart, targeted clicks work, and pick good merchants. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I've had 9,390 clicks and 76 sales with CJ this month.
    Things have got a little slower since the 20th. CJ still is my highroller at this time, though.

ABW Ambassador
    "Our problems is that CJ has TOLD US NOTHING about what it has done to remedy it. "

You want them to remedy your site not converting? It's not a CJ problem, more of a merchant or a you kinda problem, maybe promoting them the wrong way, or not the right merchants for your site. As far as conversions, all the networks have the same parasites, affiliates etc. look more to finding the right merchants that convert for your site.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

quote:
    all the networks have the same parasites, affiliates etc.

Don't think that applies to SAS who sent me almost $1000 this month.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

This month on CJ I have an EPC of $34, and convert every 16th click to a sale or lead.
    Not too shabby. Actually, I've never converted this good ever on CJ.

My EPC has been steady around $30 the last 6 months, a big improvement from the $2-3 EPC I used to have less than a year ago.

The reason for the improvement is my choice of merchants to promote. I made a decision to go for higher commish merchants. An average sale can easily bring in $20-$60 in commish. It isn't much harder to sell either.

Of the small commish CJ merchants, I've only kept two: One $1 per lead merchants and one that pays $5 per sale (including performance bonus). I've kept them because they're a perfect fit for one of my sites and converts OK. They drag my EPC down a little bit, but as long as they convert like this I'll keep them.

So from my viewpoint CJ works just fine...

LS is at an EPC of $8 this month.
    BF has been at $0 for the last three months, the few sales I have get reversed.

It is nice to see everyone providing feedback on what works for them and the differences between programs and networks. I agree that individual programs can vary from affiliate to affiliate. Just becasue it works for everyone else, doesn't mean it is right for you. Of course you never know sometimes unless you try it for yourself.

Thanks for the compliments too.

I look forward to seeing some of you next week at AffiliateSummit.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    My EPC has been steady around $30 the last 6 months, a big improvement from the $2-3 EPC I used to have less than a year ago.

Wow...and I thought my $7+ EPC was good

Ah well....I agree that it is all a matter of which merchants you promote, as well as the type(s) of sites you use to promote them.

This month, sales have really taken off (holiday effect?) and we stand to earn our biggest check yet from CJ.

Now...if we could just get them to give all the parasites the boot...

Erik

I don't understand why linkshare need to send me 2 different checks instead of 1?!

The reason I am getting the commission fom 2 merchant is a little bit ridiculous. I get those check same day from the same sender.

They need to use 2 envelopes, cost for 2 cheques, 2 x postage fees, 2 volume of inks ...

WHILE I need to PAY $10 x 2 to drawn 2 checks!!!!!

One of the check is $25 and I only got $15 in my account after it is cleared!!!

LINKSHARE

ABW Ambassador
    I think it just depends on what you're targeting. So far at CJ this month, i have 1186 clicks with 40 sales for $206.88 and I know I'm due a bonus of about $15 as a sales incentive.

My merchants don't have high commissions but some $ is better than none. Once the pages are there it takes almost no upkeep. Again, you just gotta target something specific and hope it takes off!

wow, I really have a low EPC...
    3 month EPC = 6.35

But I have been getting a lot of clicks, so I guess it balances out, no?

The remedy is up to you and your content not CJ. Do you really expect themn to design your pages? If you don't believe me ask leader.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread