Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Soon

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

3. Full Member
    yep ..

escpicially when you own stock in the parent company ... and it keeps going up this month ;-)

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

ABW Ambassador
    October 29th The Cat Is Almost Back

When they start at CJ, i plan on pushing them hard. I'm pretty sure since you have to pay now it will be ad free. And maybe with the lawsuits (52 of 262 settled) against people downloading via Kazaa, Morpheus etc. people are more likely to pay for it. Make commissions, and push a product that hopefully won't spawn any advertising vs. the others ones that do, plus parents and kids don't have to worry about being sued. There still will be plenty of people doing it but the lawsuits have taken a bite out of the total number.

"Nielsen//NetRatings, which tracks Internet usage, said on Tuesday it found a 41 percent drop over the last three months in the audience for Kazaa, the leading music file-sharing service."

Who else plans on promoting this program? I signed up but $6 a lead (paid subscription)? I'm not happy about those numbers.

People are going to be paying $10 a month I want a bigger part of the pie. I would think 40% of the first years subscription fee would be in order.

I thought about promoting this heavily but I'm not sure about that now.

Any thoughts?

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. http://www.IceIsHot.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Anyone remember the .com bomb era? This one might have some pluses on paper but the bugger and P2P business model is on life support. I refuse pushing lead merchants to fuel the DMA membership.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Can I ask.... "What is DMA ?"

TIA

========
    Davester
    www.fundiscoveries.com

Direct Marketing Association

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    I'm betting Napster will take off. There will always be Kazaa, Morpheus but just the fear of lawsuits will have parents going the Napster route. Once those lawsuits started happening traffic to those sites dropped 40%. More lawsuites more people will go the Napster, Itunes route.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

I dont know. I log on and still see millions of users. I am interested in the Napster program though.

CJ
    http://www.vitamin-health-supplements.com

ABW Ambassador
    Will the new service still be p2p based and still have the issues regarding common file sharing programs or does it close that gap?

Depeneding on the answer, it may be a good opportunity to update your parasite notification page to discuss these kinds of issues and promote them.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

The only way it will take off is if it has what's currently popular available, I bet their whole selection of music will be available on the p2p networks as soon as someone signs up and downloads it all, hehe.

ABW Ambassador
    Would napster take away some of the marketshare of some of the parasites? --> would it mean good news for us affiliates?

Do you think they could become a parasite themselves, with a downloaded app bundled together that steals our commissions?

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

A year ago CDNow got lost. They were offering songs in MP3 format as well as CDs. I believe it was 128kbps bitrate. It sucked. MP3 sucks, I mean. Even if they offered 320kbps files, it would be still a bad quality, plus not everybody can download 8MB songs. If the idea of having MP3 files for sale was so great, why did CDNow say "oops"? Maybe because they had their reasons. But I wouldn't pay a penny for a 128-192kbps file. A normal behavior would be to install Kazaa, not Napster.
    But 5 years ago Napster owned the universe indeed.

Has Napster published a list of the artists that are available on their service? If so it would be helpful for affiliates.

If not I am guessing that I will need to download and install their software to browse the listing if this is possible.

Tony Felice

ABW Ambassador
    Probably everybody, they have over 500,000 songs to download. Fear marketing might work here, put a link to the lawsuits and tell parents if you or your kid is dl music they can get sued, so go with Napster, get legal

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Well I did download and install the software. They do have pretty much everybody in their library. Nice interface too and it looks like a good service. Personally I prefer to own the CD rather than to buy it digitally and burn my own, but I am sure it will appeal to some people.

Tony Felice

I personally don't like the way you click on the link and you start downloading... with no info. How do we know they are not going to turn into parasites like the rest once they are on everyone's computer? Sorry, I am skeptical... you are not paid unless they pay for service... but if they only download you get nothing? ( napster is new to me, so smack me if I am missing something)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anne

I understand what you mean. It would be nice if instead of going directly to the download, it would lead to the splash page. Also we do have to convert the surfer to a $9.99 monthly subscription and we get no referral fees if they simply purchase songs for $0.99 each. If someone from Napster is reading this it would be much more advantageous for affiliates if there was commission on all purchases and recurring payments on the membership sales.

For now I am going to add some pages to an existing site of mine to see how well it converts. If it does well then I will possibly look into doing much greater promotion.

Tony Felice

"Who else plans on promoting this program? I signed up but $6 a lead (paid subscription)? I'm not happy about those numbers.
    " Napster has to make money, the record companies have to make money and the artists get their share. You act like Napster is putting the balance in their pocket. $6.oo is fair.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

I was auto rejected. I'm not going to ask why, nor am I going to lose any sleep over it.

AVP

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yawn ...just another dead .com bomb hoping affiliates can spread the BHO adwarez backdoor.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Maybe I missed it, and it may not be for this thread - but are we saying Napster is a parasitic download?

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador
    "Yawn ...just another dead .com bomb hoping affiliates can spread the BHO adwarez backdoor."

What are you talking about? Just baitin again
    No bhos as far as i can see, they're legit now. Legal downloading, no fear of getting sued. They have a lot of backing, i think they will get huge.

quote:
    spread the BHO adwarez backdoor.

my thoughts exactly Mike, if not at this moment in time I feel sure it will in the near future once they have sufficient millions of downloads then the AFID swapping and diversion stuff will auto upload to their customers comps and we will lose further sales.
    I would not promote these for $50.00 a time never mind $6.00.

Actually when you think about it they've already proved once before they are not too bothered about the existing laws and this proves their morals and ethics leaves a lot to be desired.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast