I've been noticing some very fishy behavior with Google lately and I'd like to know if any of you have experienced the same. I run an alcohol site selling products for Beverages and More (among others) and Google has been systematically stripping me of some of my best phrases. These phrases don't directly sell alcohol, they're more content oriented phrases. I'm just wondering if maybe Google is seeing that I promote alcohol sales and taking away these phrases from me because of that. Has anybody heard of or seen anything like this before? I just lost my 3rd major alcohol content phrase today and it's really got me suspicious. What's even more odd is for these phrases I don't just lose my top 10 spot, I disappear from Google entirely.

After reading about Hilltop this makes a lot more sense. I've probably been losing these phrases as Hilltop finds that I don't have many expert document links on the subject. Now I need to start getting smarter about my content and offer more innovative features to catch the attention of the expert document controllers. This can be good because it just makes it more valuable to impress the internet veterans enough for a link on their 'expert documents'. It's just a matter of offering innovative features and standing out among the slews of duplicate websites. Lots of work ahead of me!

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread