Hi all,

Let me see if I have got this right..the new Yahoo & Overture URL submission page Yahoo Match Pricing
    states that it'll cost me $49 for the 1st URL and then $0.15 per click after, so assume I have 50 clicks a day (not unreasonable) that works out at 50 x $0.15 = $7.5 a day which works out at 365 x $7.5.......

$2737.50 a year !!! a %$$^&*& year !!!!!!

Have I missed something here ??? or is Yahoo trying to eliminate every single website not owned by a multi national company ??

Your thoughts please people,

Malc
    Adverts

Malc - that is exactly how I read it too. It's a nightmare. I wonder how many people will actually sign up to it or whether they'll have to re-launch it with a different approach. I was happy to pay $25 per URL occasionally but I can't afford these prices!

Hi Heather,
    yes that's exactly how I feel. I used to use webwurld and their Inktomi and quick submit products until they tool them offline this month, new product launch coming they say.
    As you said most people are probably happy to pay $25-$30...but to expect me to pay over $2500 a year....forget it !!

Yahoo......you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Malc
    Adverts

ABW Ambassador

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'll repeat..."The SE's and PPCSE's seek to weed out the spammers and merchant spoofers by making the "sponsor" listings out of reach for the tricksters. Tough crap if this throws extra cost on the merchants playing the SEO/SEM game. It will make them appreciate their affiliate force more as they look closer at the ROI of real value-add affiliates. The real merchant management seeing 0.40 cents a click for PPCSE traffic getting double dipped by a BHO commission will raise the roof on the network sponsored POS interlopers....

Don't ya just love the changes of the shifting sands of greed driven advertising models.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    The “profitable” online companies I work with cannot, and will not pay for this model. Not even with a hefty margin on their products.

This is just too expensive for anyone keeping an eye on his or her ROI.

I’m interested to see if they can find enough suckers to keep it going, or if they will have to come out with a different model.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I get this sinking feeling they are going to say, "You know what, that is too expensive, no one's biting, so we'll just drop the PPC charges, and increase the inclusion cost to $199 a page." Lol! Anyone wanna bet me???
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'll be darn if I or a client will pay that stupid sitematch fee. Seems the Yahoo and SE biggies all are socking it to merchants and AM's doing SEO/SEM. Affiliates can forget leveraging "sitematch".

One of my Clients, Holdup Suspender Company, has enjoyed top Yahoo and SE listings since 1997 regardless of shifts in the marketplace. www.suspenders.com They have never paid for inclusion and ocassionally used both AdWords and Overture for PPCSE. Never any 2nd Tier PPCSE campaigns. Try Yahoo for their main keyword "suspenders" and you'll see them #1. Relivent content and domain name regardless of SEO/SEM seems to survive the SE changes.

I Track their ROI and conversions with a simple house account affiliate link code and can testify Adwords converts clicks to sales at 1/17 and Overture on the same keywords at 1/31. Google traffic is a better buy for them. I rotate suspend/resume between the 2 PPCSE campaigns except during peak shopping periods. Normal traffic to the site from affiliates and SE's has averaged 1/23 for over 5 years making them the highest converting product merchant etailer on the Internet. Don't ask me why as many experts here say the site sucks ...but slaughters all challengers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

That's the least of the affiliate marketing world's worries...

It looks as if (and this is quoted from an employee at Yahoo) that if you're site is comprised of mostly affiliate links/contnet, yahoo is looking to ban you (see http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum35/1845.htm)

What this measn to em is two things:

First, those that have been taking the automated spam-page creator route to build tens of thousand of pages, yahoo will soon be dropping the hammer on those sites.

Second, those that have actually taken time to build content around affiliate products will (as has been prven time and again) be better off in the long-term (although if you're still linking directly to merchants using affiliate links, you might want to consider going to redirects asap).

I wonder how long until google starts scanning for affiliate links on pages and penalizing them (?)

Erik

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder how long before Yahoo starts filtering sites with Adsense on them from their index or when Froogle kills off affiliates or before the sky starts falling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I get this sinking feeling they are going to say, "You know what, that is too expensive, no one's biting, so we'll just drop the PPC charges, and increase the inclusion cost to $199 a page." Lol! Anyone wanna bet me??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>....just like the Yahoo Submit Express service..lets take £299 from you and we'll have a look at ya site..but we wont promise anything...how the heck can they legally do that sort of business ??? Hey...give me over $500 and I might put an advert on my UK site for you..then again I might buy a new pair of bike boots and u can go stick the ad up ya ^&%**^

craaaaaaaaaaaaaasssshhh ........ oh

Malc
    Adverts

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread