Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I know about all the daily stuff that goes on, but i'm seeing some major shifting on some keywords i check. Possible dance? Ah nevermind probably just some testing going on.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, i will go out on a limb and predict an update this weekend, just have a feeling. Plus update Brandy happened Feb 13, it's now Mar 13. I miss the old days kinda updates but the constant adding of new pages is nice

I'm noticing some major shifts here. www. has my older results but www2. has some drastically different results. I really hope www2 doesn't stick though because it seems I've lost spots that I've held onto for months
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, there's is some noticeable movement in some areas. I've seen a few shifts back towards the results that Austin was showing for a couple of categories. Really, though, I don't care much if it's a full update (which it doesn't look like from here) or not.

ABW Ambassador

Sure seemed to me like a full-fledged update occurred last Wednesday night.

No complaints here; just puzzled to see an old-fashioned "the update is coming" announcement.

ABW Ambassador
    Ooops I sploke to soon.

Right now I'm seeing pre-Florida results.

Still jaded enough not to get my hopes up.

I have been waiting weeks for some old pages to be dropped. They have 301 redirects on them. They don't seem to be going anywhere! Surely with a real update they will be gone?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am seeing an increase of pages indexed on all my sites

My fears have been confirmed, these changes hit me hard. My clicks have been cut in half Can anybody provide me with some insight towards what could cause such a drop? My PR has remained the same, keyword density is still the same, no new competition has popped up. I'm really puzzled. What advice could you offer me to get my keywords back?

- Scott

yeah I noticed a decrease in traffic AGAIN :P

happens every time.. my traffic goes up.. peaks.. then a google update hits and traffic dries up.

average page views and bandwidth cut in half from friday to saturday

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Yes this looks very bad on every site

These changes hit my datafeed sites quite hard, yet my longer-running, better established content site is still standing strong. This just confirms my belief that in order to earn high SERP rankings, you need to offer quality content and tools that people can find useful. Incoming links are not only important, but similar content incoming links seem to be more important than ever. I guess now I need to put a little less focus on adding feeds and start focusing on content and links. It's finally time for all those cool content features I've been putting off. I think Google may have just changed the way affiliate marketing is done.

After studying this shift a bit, I'm curious if anybody would recommend reducing my keyword density? It seems there are quite a few highly ranked sites now that have a very low density. I'm guessing maybe Google is devaluing over-inflated keyword pages. Anybody else think this might be a solution?

ABW Ambassador
    "I think Google may have just changed the way affiliate marketing is done." No

Could be many factors why a site is highly ranked, i would doubt keyword density would have anything to do with it. I wouldn't change anything right now, this could be just some major shifting, it's not an official dance. At from what GoogleGuy said this is going to be happening more often this year, constant updating of the serps.

less than 40% of my avg traffic levels.
    scuze me while I
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Too late not to make any changes. This drop motivated me to finally add some very nifty features that I've been thinking about doing for months. I hope what you say is true Trust, but from the looks of things these new results may be here to stay for a little while. As much as I hate to say it, Google is getting wiser and is starting to filter out sites with the same content and titles. After studying these changes for a little while, I've noticed that the results are much more unique from result to result. For a lot of keywords there aren't even any duplicate page titles in the top 10 anymore. Each and every one is unique and each page is vastly different from the next.

- Scott

oh my.. traffic is DOWN today big time.. I need cricket sound effect to add to my home page.

ABW Ambassador
    Ouch, one of my sites was hit big time. It happened before and it took a few months to get back to the first page on a good keyword and now gone again....

did you tweak and optimize to get back to first page or just let it be and let google realize the horrible mistake it made?

I just hope GoogleGuy is right and these near-daily changes fix what just happened. If this change sticks, I'll be missing out on thousands of dollars.

just dozens of dollars for me.. but it was paying for hosting!

just when things were looking good.. my traffic from friday to saturday dropped by half.. and saturday to sunday dropped by half again (nearly 200 uniques fri, 119 sat, about 70 sun)

ABW Ambassador
    No tweaking, google realized the mistake.
    I hope it happens faster this time, though.

ABW Ambassador
    After brandy I was posting the “what happened to one or two of my sites?” posts. This time I am glad to say that they are back (for now).

A few notes.
    1. My data feed sites were not hit. (I do add content to them regularly though)
    2. I didn’t make any major changes, just waited for the G to cool off.
    3. Don’t panic, I’ll be down in a week or two and you will be adding the “my sites is back on top” posts.

Same here, traffic down to December 2003 levels, oh well......more pages = more traffic...back to building......

I never could do the google dance...I always stepped on her toes and went home alone !

Malc
    Adverts

I *wish* traffic would get back to the Dec 2003 levels for me.. I got hammered in January.

Frankly all of these dances have confused the heck outta me. To be honest it all looks the same, although there was a positive change in the filters a couple of weeks back.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast